We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Coffee in Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Good Coffee in Anaheim

Hi all,

I'll be in Anaheim in 2 weeks, spending most of my time at/around the convention center.

Does anyone know of good coffee around there? Not Starbucks etc, but actual fresh brewed, barista prepped coffee. I know I must sound like a snob, but Starbucks coffee is terrible compared to the espresso we get in Australia.

Can anyone help?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

I fell in love with flat white a few years back. It's very difficult to find the stuff here in the US. However, it is slowly appearing in a few coffee houses in LA (Intelligentisia, Coffee+Food, Handsome, Two Guns Espresso...). As far as Anaheim/Orange County, I know of only Portola Coffee Lab that serves it.

http://www.portolacoffeelab.com/index

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

There's also a new Australia Pie shop that just opened in Costa Mesa called Pie Not that may have the type of coffee you're looking. The site says they serve Bun Coffee from Byron Bay.

http://www.pienot.com/comingsoon/

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,825 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

Few people, if anyone, in Orange County know more about coffee than Martin Diedrich. His Kéan Coffee is about as good as coffee gets, especially without the Intelligentsia attitude.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

Yes Nook N, you're right - it's hard to find!:)

As an earlier post mentioned, Australia is very much a coffee mecca at the moment, and brewed coffee is not served all that commonly. More of ten than not, coffee places here serve espresso based drinks. Other methods are also becoming quite popular, such as cold drip, and chemex/pourover coffee.

THere ARE some good coffee places in L.A. and Anaheim - it's just taken me quite a while to find them! But this post has taken on a life of its own and in the process, there's been some great suggestions.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

I loved visiting Kean coffee in Tustin when I lived there in orange county the last 8 years before moving here to Michigan last year. Good coffee, friendly staff and the proximity to tustin's public library was a good bonus for me. Peet's is also my fave chain coffee store in southern California.

As for Intelligentsia Coffee, I believe they are based in Chicago, and have cafes nationwide in some cities as well as supplying coffee to some smaller cafes also. My first taste of their coffee was at this small, hipster coffee shop in Traverse City, Michigan this past spring where my wife and I was visiting the town for a conference. Very good brew and mocha too. I was impressed .

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,825 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

Everyone loves Intelligentsia now, but 10 or 12 more locations people will start bad mouthing them as corporate and sell outs...... everyone loves you until you succeed .

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

Wow, scottca075 - that sounds like a distinctly Australian thing to say:)

48. Re: Good Coffee in Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 18, 2014