We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi

do you know if i can upgrade my SoCal city pass disneyland 3-day park hopper ticket to 4-day or 5-day park hopper ticket by topping up $20-32 at disneyland?

i saw on the forum that you can upgrade your park-hopper tickets to annual pass before you leave the park by topping up the difference but i'm not sure about the 4 and 5 day park hopper. i've emailed disney but they have yet to reply :-(

thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

Yes, you can upgrade, but I do not know the amounts for extra days. I would head to any open Ticket Booth when you arrive at Disneyland on your first day (prior to using your SoCal CityPass) and ask the Cast Member in the booth for your options and prices. You can always say no if you think the pricing is too high.

If you are looking for other options, there is always nearby Knott's Berry Farm that has reasonable prices for a days visit. Check this link just before you go for the current specials.

knotts.com/public/admission/prices/deals.cfm

If you need transportation, the Main Bus stop in front of Disneyland on Harbor Blvd has a public bus (LA Metro Route 460) that runs about every 30 minutes, and takes only about 20 minutes to get to Knott's. $1.50 per person each way.

metro.net/riding_metro/…460.pdf

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,390 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

yes, you can upgrade your 3 day parkhopper, however, you do pay more since you have to upgrade the ticket at disneyland maingate ticket booth, and prices are more than online (the crossed out price on the disneyland website ticket page is the price the ticket is at the maingate ticket booth.)

so for example, when you go to disneyland and exchange your socal city pass 3 day parkhopper coupon for a disneyland 3 day parkhopper ticket, you would then need to upgrade your ticket to a 4 or 5 day parkhopper ticket by the end of the 3rd day of use of your 3 day parkhopper at the ticket window.

the 4 day ticket if purchased at disneyland is $249 and the 5 day is $266

it also depends on what kind of credit they will give you for your 3 day parkhopper, but my understanding is the credit is whatever a regular 3 day parkhopper ticket is online price which is $214 so it would be $35 to upgrade your 3 day parkhopper to a 4 day one at disneyland, and $52 more to upgrade to a 5 day parkhopper.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi DarkBeer

i thought of Knotts Berryfarm but the rides are a little too scary for me and i'm probably too old for camp snoopy; i'm the Peter Pan ride kind of person :-) if we get too bored at Disney or if the upgrade price is not worth it then we'll pop by there since the transport is convenient from the way you describe it.

thanks

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi happytotrip

thanks for the tip. i guess i better get to the ticket booth the night before so we can decide and not waste time on the actual day.

take care

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

There are calmer rides at Knott's, they just don't promote them as heavily as the large rides. Years and years ago they had a ride I think .you would have loved called Knott's Beary Tales, with bears making berry pies. The bears are now inside their crafts barn. The must see attraction is Mystery Lodge,. featuring a Native American storyteller (live actor) and mind boggling special effects. A one point he disappears and the reappears.

I like the steam engine train and the stage coach rde, both authentic.

Camp Snoopy is actually quite nice to walk through. There is a little creek with large rock outcroppings and a waterfall. You can walk inside a large cave with holes next to where the waterfalls are. Great photo spot.

When is your trip? Knott's has special shows during Christmastime.

Edited: 12:02 pm, October 04, 2011
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

We called Disneyland and to my surprise we talked to a warm body within 2min; must be their off season.

They said I can upgrade the pass but only ticket booth can tell me how much and it has no phone lines, so we'll have to wait till we get to the park to find out how much.

11 North American...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

For the rest of 2011, the upgrade value for CityPASS will be $186 for ages 10+ and $165 for ages 3-9. This value can be applied towards any ticket of equal or greater value , including an annual pass. You can upgrade at any time during the 3-day visit. For an upgrade to an Annual Pass, the Annual Pass is back-dated to the first use of your CityPASS ticket.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi RedlandsRedhead

thanks. i checked out their website and some of the youtube videos. we're still deciding, i'm quite keen to try Mrs Knotts chicken dinner.

take care and have a great weekend ahead.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi CityPass

thanks for clarifying because even after Disney replied my email they couldn't give me the price info.

so, if an adult want to upgrade to 5 day park hopper ticket, i'll have to pay

$266 (list price at disney) - $186 = $80. am i right? though upgrade is higher than i thought, city pass still give better value, even if i'm willing to make do w/o SD zoo.

btw, the CityPass i buy from universal studios hollywood includes one magic morning early entry right?

thanks

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can i "upgrade" my SoCal citypass 3-day disneyland p-hopper?

hi RedlandsRedhead

Ops, forgot to answer your Q. we're planning early dec. don't really have the exact dates yet b'cos we haven't decide how many days we want to spend at each theme park. but it'll be in dec so i'll be snapping pic of all the lovely Xmas deco.

take care