We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet malls

Wetaskiwin...
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Topic
outlet malls

Are there any outlet malls in the vicinity of Disneyland??

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet malls

not any good ones. outlets in so cal are usually out of the way. the best outlets in socal is Cabazon in the desert (i.e near palm springs) and is about a 1.5 hours away. It might be worth the drive if you have a free day to spare.

There is an outlet called the Citadel about 30 minutes north of anaheim, but its lousy.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet malls

There's also the outlets at Carlsbad which are nice. It can be 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive from Disneyland.

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet malls

The only other outlet I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is one in Lake Elsinore off of the 15 fwy. That's about an hour from Disneyland depending on traffic.

Nothing that I can think of close to Disneyland however.

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet malls

Another outlet mall about an hour away is Ontario Mills. They have over 200 stores and I think the largest outlet mall in California. Check out their website to see the store there.

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
699 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet malls

I don't know if this classifies as an outlet mall but there is an outdoor mall close by Disneyland (I think you can get shuttle service there from the Disneyland area hotels) called The Block at Orange. Their website refers to their stores as outlets and I think it's owned by the same company that owns the outlet mall in Ontario, CA mentioned in a previous post.

You can go to their website at http://www.theblockatorange.com and judge for yourself.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outlet malls

avoid the block. Its not an outlet and the crowds there are usually huge (i.e. takes 30 minutes to park--literally) and not very good (lots of high schoolers. Used to have gangs, but its pretty safe now.)

never knew it was even called an outlet and prices are average.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outlet malls

Hi happyincanada,

lol.... I don't think the locals understand just how starved we Canucks are for any sort of decent and affordable shopping!

We did some shopping at the Citadel outlet in Commerce, and we thought it was alright. It's on I-5, and was about a twenty minute freeway drive from Disneyland.

Here's the website for the mall, you can decide for yourself if you want to go there:

www.citadeloutlets.com

If you select "directory map" on the director tab, it will give you a list of all the stores.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: outlet malls

It depends on what outlets you are looking for - the Citadel tends to have the standard shops you expect at any outlet mall. Not bad, but also not stellar.

The outlets at Cabazon tend to have more of the upscale companies. Prada, Coach, etc are typical stores at Cabazon, for example. The home site for the company that runs them is www.premiumoutlets.com (Cabazon's is called "Desert Hills Premium Outlets"

The the Carlsbad ones are pretty good as well (though smaller, with less stores than Cabazon), and include a Dooney & Burke outlet. The Elsinore outlets are nice enough as well - they tend to be more generic outlet stores, like the Citadel.

Regarding the Ontario mills - be careful about your shopping. It's not all outlets, but rather a mix of outlet and normal retail stores. As a result, some of the discounts are great, while others are completely bogus. Just be an aware shopper if you go there, and don't assume it's a great price for something. Though I love how huge it is - I can usually find what I'm looking for whenever I go (it's just a matter of whether it's actually a good price, lol!).

Once last little word of advice about Outlets - avoid Donna Karan/DKNY and Gap outlet stores. They actually have separate lines of (typically inferior) clothing made specifically for their outlets. You're better off shopping the big sales at their actual retail stores, rather than shopping at their outlets.