We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport should I fly into?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Which airport should I fly into?

I'm flying from Chicago [ mdw airport ] to California. Which airport is closest to Disneyland and does Southwest fly there?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

The two closest airports are Long Beach Airport and John Wayne Airport. (both 14 miles away)

Here is a detailed description.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-s301/Anaheim:C…

Southwest flies into John Wayne, Long Beach is the home to JetBlue.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

Thank you so much!

Chicago, IL
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

We love flying into SNA (John Wayne) because it's very small and minimal security lines. American has some pretty decent fares from ORD.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

Beyond those two airlines, John Wayne/Orange County is a much bigger airport with many more flights than Long Beach, but still much smaller than LAX.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

Another option, Frontier Airlines flies from MDW to both SNA and LGB.

And as mentioned above, IMHO, Long Beach is a "small" airport, and John Wayne/Orange County/Santa Ana is a mid-sized airport.

LAX on the other hand is a very large Airport

The FAA calls Long Beach a "Small Hub" airport (one of 4), John Wayne is one of 6 "Medium Size", and LAX is one of just 3 "Large Hub".

californiaforvisitors.com/transportation/air…

Baltimore
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

John Wayne for sure. Grandma lives in Orange, we always use John Wayne and SW has routes to there.

7. Re: Which airport should I fly into?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:46 am, July 09, 2011