We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 17 Nov - 23 Nov

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 17 Nov - 23 Nov

Well I know this is a little late . .

My partner and I both in our early 20's spent the first 6 nights of our USA adventure ( Ana , San D, Vegas and H'wood.

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim which was a really great hotel for us arrived last morning from Australia then had showers and went to the Westfield shopping centre so that we didnt fall asleep, caught a cab wandered around for a few hours similar to the malls back home, so we caught another cab back to the hotel had an early dinner at cafe at the hotel pretty average food but the serice was great. Bought our Sth Cal citypass from the disney counter at the hotel. Next day 3 am I wake up knowing we are going to disneyland!! By 4 I am dressed and ready BF is still in bed but by six we where both dressed had brekkie at the hotel lotsa bacon and eggs then off to disney. Had an awesome day saw the xmas parade, lunch was entertaining ordered soup, sandwich and chips - which turned out to be crisps to dunk in our soup!!!! Never heard of such a thing. Went back to hotet at 6 - had a dip in the spa then went to a local restaurant Mr Stox for some fine dining food was quite yummy still very tired but travelling so went home and hit the sack.

Sat was spent at Knotts Berry Farm 10/10 for rollercoasters and Mrs Knotts fried chicken for lunch - worth the 20 min wait! Sun had a little sleep in then went to Shoe Express and picked up some cheap Nikes then went to the Block for some shopping, then caught the amtrak train to Union station then a cab to the Staples to see the Lakers play. It was fantastic!!!!!!It was such an unreal atmosphere.

Mon went to Ihop for Brekkie - the food was way too rich for us, chilled out at the hotel for awhile went to disney for a few hours the caught metro to LA ( lotsa crazy pple on there wouldn't reccomend the hour and 45 min "experience") we where off the the American Music Awards at the Shrine this was the hi-lite of the whole trip for me we had awesome seats and saw Mariah, Gwen, Rob Thomas, Lindsay,Santana, Hillary, Bow wow plus heaps others perform Cyndi Lauper sang Time After Time - she rocked, the there was supposed to be a big bang at the end with the Rolling Stones live felt a bit ripped when we discovered that the Rolling Stones where performing live . . . from Salt Lake City via the big screen. Caught the Amtrak home.

Next day went to Cali Adventure loved the Tower of Terror !! I believe we went on all the rides.The line up for Dinseyland today was huge!! Glad we did it earlier in the trip.

Next day caught the Amtrak to San Diego. All up loved Anaheim def want to come back when we had kids one day.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
4,721 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
1,720 Reviews
Buena Park, CA
Union Station
Union Station
1,543 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
IHOP
IHOP
902 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
San Diego
San Diego
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 17 Nov - 23 Nov

Hi Nth Queenslander,

I enjoyed reading your TR, seeing it through the eyes of a 20 something!

We did our trip in Nov and are 40 somethings with baggage (kids!).

Oh...to be young again!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 17 Nov - 23 Nov

Did you find the hotel to be central enough? We are also in our early twenties and a group of 8 of us are travelling there and Our plans at the moment to base ourselves in Anaheim for 2 weeks (at the Hilton). Is it going to be worth staying in LA as well from your experiences? Im thinking we will want to spend more than one day there, but Im trying to get my head around the travel options there and back. I also didnt realise it was almost 2 hours! Also, how long did it take you to get to San Diego? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
San Diego
San Diego
California