We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

k3
Sydney , Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

Can anyone advise us on clean , decent hotels to stay in for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids . We have checked various reviews and are confused.We realise that all experiences are a matter of opinion but we need guidance on places to check out.We want our experience for our kids to be great as they haven't been to Disney before .

Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

We stayed at the Annabella on Katella Ave in May 05. 2 kids & 2 adults.

Decent price, free breakfast (saved $$ in the park as we weren't hungry - the breakfasts are huge), 2 pools (1 adult only), spa (can see the fireworks from here). Clean spacious rooms, staff fairly friendly/helpful.

About 5-10 mins walk to the entry to Disneyland. Bus stop out the front if you didn't want to walk.

Let me know if you need any more info or have any other questions.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

Howard Johnson's and Candy Cane Inn are favorites, highly rated here at TripAdvisor, and reasonably priced.

You can't go wrong with either choice.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

We always stay at the Coast Anaheim...now called Sheraton Coast. Nice pool area, nice lobby lounge with 1/2 price happy hour specials :)). A good 10-15 walk to the Main gates or ART (Anaheim Regional Transit) bus right out front door.

You can see the fireworks from the lanais that face the parking lot.

They have a kids eat free program at the hotel restaurant, we never used it though...

Service was way too slow....

Gift shop,well stocked bakery/deli that offers very tasty breakfast sandwiches,plus an extremely friendly and helpful concierge.

A convenience store just down the road.

The price was very reasonable when it was a Coast Hotel, don't know if that will change now the Sheraton took over....

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

The Coast is currently closed, and is rescheduled to open around March 2006

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

I think part of the answer would depend upon what you're looking for- a full service hotel or a basic, but clean and nice motel?

Despite what everyone says about walking distance to the park, after a long day walking around the park, a 15 minute walk back to your hotel can be pretty painful! Plus, with little ones, you will probably want to be able to get back to the hotel easily during the day for a little respite. So my favorite places to stay are the motels the are right across the street from the entrance: The Best Western Park Place and the Park Inn are 2 I have stayed at that are fine (the Park Inn maybe a little nicer- they have a pool up on the 3rd or 4th floor where you can watch the fireworks if you want.)

We also rececntly stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which is next to the Park Inn. It had a small pull-out sofa that would work for families of 5, and was a very nice facility, but is still essentially a motel sized room for a hotel price.

california
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

We just came back from staying at the amaheim traveloge. The hotel was deent they had a heted pool and hot tub. rooms were clean it was nice...they had a continental breakfast the best thing was that art picked poeple up right in front of the hotel and dropped you off right in front of the park. It was so nice just being able to colapse on a bus after a long day

have a fun trip and let us know what you decide

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

re : The Coast is currently closed, and is rescheduled to open around March 2006

Yikes!!! I wonder if the changes will be reflected in higher prices....

Heron, Montana
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

We have a family of 2 adults and 3 kids also and we stayed in a suite(2 queens, sofa sleeper & kitchen) at the Hampton Inn. It is a mile away, but it does have a shuttle. For us it was cheaper to drive and pay to park. We chose the Hampton Inn because we have stayed in several Hampton Inns and have never had a bad experience. We were told to steer away from the hotels just outside of the park. Some of them don't look too bad though. If you want to be closer to the park, maybe consider the Fairfied Inn. A standard room there has 2 queen beds (instead of double) and a sofa sleeper instead of just 2 beds.

We loved Disneyland and can't wait to go back.

Australia
Level Contributor
297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

Our family of 5 stayed at Howard Johnson's in one of their home office rooms, which is larger than normal. We had tons of room, 2 queen beds, rollaway bed, 2 chairs and coffee table with a lot of floor room to spare. Also huge bath room!

We also had a microwave and trailmix and bottled water left for us every day-nice touch!

I was the only unfit one who found the walk a drag, the kids and hubby had no problem with it. It was worth it though, as we walked past some hotels that looked a bit umm...lets say...less than comfortable. Our room was clean, and secure with interior hallways-not directly open to car parks.

It was the cheapest and most comfortable hotel during our 26 day US trip.

k3
Sydney , Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: DECENT Hotels to stay for trip to Disneyland

Thank you ALL so very much for your prompt replies to my post,all the info is so helpful.ZIG_N_ZAG,the Annabella has been a consideration for us.EMMYSMOM -I am also looking into the Hampton Inn.ROXY2- I didnt realise the Howard Johnson had a Home office room what was this like and what was the Ho Jo like to stay at for families etc?My husband and I have been to U.S. abour 4 times but our kids haven't and we want our stay to be comfortable not cramped (with-in reason) and enjoyable for a family .