We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland/California Adventure

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland/California Adventure

I am a true blue Disneyland fan. We have been going to Disney for every other Christmas now for years, with little mini trips to DL at other times of the year.

California Adventure is a great place as well. I don't understand the poor reviews some posters give the place.

My boys(11,18,and 20) prefer DCA over DL.

It's definately not DL, but it is interesting and exciting in it's own unique way. The rides are different from DL; but fun never the less.

My husband loves the animation studios in DCA, I love the whole Pardise Pier area.

Oh, and who can forget Soaring over California!!!

So to anybody who hasn't been yet, go with an open mind, you probably won't be disappointed :))

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
699 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland/California Adventure

Thank you for posting your thoughts, flippr5657

I agree with you about DCA. I find it much more relaxing and roomy than Disneyland although Disneyland is still my favorite park because of it's one-of-a-kind atmosphere. I especially liked the winery shop where you could by gourmet foods like a real wine country gourmet shop. However, although I think the winery is still there, the gourmet shop closed, unfortunately.

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
699 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland/California Adventure

Hi, just to clear up any confusion in my last post, the winery I'm talking about is in DCA not Disneyland.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland/California Adventure

I agree. We love CA best of all now too. And while Disneyland is always the one you can't miss, you should not disclude CA at all. Especially now with the Tower of Terror which has become our new number one ride there. We go on it over and over. California Soarin, the Roarin' Grizzly wet ride, the micky roller coaster that goes upside down, - it seems to have some of the best adult rides now. And never leave without doing Bug's Life. Just don't ruin it for others once you experience it.

CA is great! And compact and less busy. It will grow up one day to be like MGM at Disney World and be the better park overall.