We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer holidays

Level Contributor
480 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Summer holidays

Can anyone provide input as to what week in July would be best to go to DL? We were initially thinking of coming down for the July 4 weekend but have a feeling that it is crazy then.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer holidays

I'm sure others will weigh in on this as well, but my personal opinion is that ALL of july is pretty busy, since its peak summer travelperiod. The Fourth will be additionally crowded, but the rest of the month if pretty hopping as well.

That said, I've still gone in July. I just ahve to go with a different attitude, knowing I won't be able to do "Everything!!", and instead to just enjoy doing whatever we can while there (and make sure to take advatage of FastPasses while I'm at it).

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer holidays

I agree, I think all of July will be busy. I stopped going to Disneyland during the summer years ago, for one thing, not only is it very crowded but it is also hot. I also wouldn't go on the July 4th weekend, it will most likely be a zoo. I think any major holiday would be extremely busy. Definitely take advantage of the Fast Pass(it's free), and if you have a multi day park hopper ticket, it maybe better, as you don't have to rush everything on one day.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer holidays

If I remember correctly, July 4th is the second busiest day of the year at DL, second only to New Years Eve. Or maybe it's the other way around.

And with all the 50th stuff going on, it's going to be even worse.

I'd avoid that weekend.