We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March

bgg
San Antonio
Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in March

We are debating Disneyland and Disneyworld.

Can anyone tell me what the typical weather is in CA in March.

Once in March Daneyworld was freezing.

Thanks so much

El Segundo, CA
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March

From weather.com, here's the average temps for Anaheim in March

March: 70-avg high, 48-avg low, 2.55-avg precip

It's usually warmer during the day but can be chilly in the evening and mornings.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March

We have always gone to DL/DCA in March when our kids have their Spring Break. Most days we actually wear shorts with sweatshirts/hoodies/fleecies in the evening. On one trip we had one day of rain, but the other two trips didn't have any rain at all. Some days started out cloudy, but by the afternoon the sun was out.

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March

COMOXBOX..... Can you tell me what the crowds are like in March during Canadian Spring Break? Thanks!

Wales
Level Contributor
413 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March

We went last March and the daytime weather ws lovely short and t-shirt but at night you do need a seater or cardigan

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in March

Neeters, we have never found the crowds at that time to be that bad - although we haven't anything to compare them too. I'm sure it is less busy than at Christmas or in the summer. As far as I know, all of BC is out at that time. I'm not sure about Alberta this year. The biggest thing is that most of the California schools are NOT out then.

Some rides can be really busy - like the more popular rides - Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain in DL and Soarin' Over California in DCA. We just make sure to head to them first thing in the morning and get a FastPass at the same time for later at the same time. Lots of times for various rides though, we've found that for no real reason there are no lines (or they're really short) so if we see them that way we head to those rides at that time.

We've also chosen never to go to DL/DCA on a Saturday. We always take that day to head to San Diego for day trips to try and avoid the crowds that are made up from locals.

We just really like that time of the year to head to DL as the weather is better than home. At the same time, it is not as hot as in the summer. I do know that when we've been the park has never stopped letting people in early in the afternoon which they do on the really busy days.