We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other

Canada
12 posts
HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

Hi everyone!

I am really new here, and I am thoroughly enjoying all that TripAdvisor has to offer. I'm having a great time planning my family trip to DL this July!

Going with my hubby, my mom, nearly 3-yr-old daughter and my baby boy, who'll be 6mos. YES, we know it'll be crowded...YES, we know it's July...YES, we're taking all precautions and planning every detail within our power...and YES, we know it will be HOT!

We have a Joovy Ultralight Sit n Stand stroller (young one sits in the front, and the toddler sits or stands on the back...pretty neat!)

The stroller has a decent canopy that can cover both front and back, but I'd like to do a bit more "climate control" for my little ones.

I'm looking for some ideas to maximize the cooling potential of a double stroller. What have some of you done in order to protect your little ones from that blast of July summer heat at Disneyland? Portable fans? Ice Paks? Humungous shades that clip on to your stroller? Some sort of cool A/C unit that isn't yet available in Canada?

Luckily, we have booked a mini suite at the BW Park PLace. We went for LOCATION above all else. Kids come first, and if we really need to get out of the heat for a while, our hotel is right there. We have also booked five days/five nights, so that we don't completely overload our kids by packing too much into a day.

Please let me know if there are stroller accessories out there, or really innovative fans/spritzers out there that will maximize my babies' comfort, and therefore, maximize the enjoyment for ALL of us! No stone shall be left unturned. It's a bloody long drive!

Thanks!

Canada
12 posts
1. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

LOL, my whole title didn't show up...

It should read

"Help! Portable stroller fan, and other cooling techniques"

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
16,315 posts
55 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

What about something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B002KA1YYY/percepshoppe-20

I don't have any personal experience with this, but found this searching amazon.com for "stroller cooler"

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
34,471 posts
89 reviews
80 helpful votes
3. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

we bring frozen water bottles into the park, so you have both cold water and ice . that helps the most for us to keep everyone cool.

plus when it gets really hot around 1pm there are plenty of indoor shows to visit that in california adventure park that are airconditioned

btw, you will really appreciate staying at the best western, its so nice to be directly across from disneyland

, i have stay there many times, its a good standard motel, ask for a room in the back of the hotel, as those tend to be a little quieter.

Aptos, California
Destination Expert
for California, Kauai, Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
10,486 posts
83 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

Frozen ice pack wrapped in a light blanket tucked into the stroller might help. I purchased a battery operated fan from Longs Drugs (now CVS) a while back. I remember they also had one that had a misting feature as well.

Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
48 helpful votes
5. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

We live in Phoenix, AZ and definitely understand the need to keep our little ones cool. At Walmart, we bought this spray bottle that has a fan on the spray end of it. We fill it with ice & water and then you can spray yourself with the cold water as the fan blows on you. Another good idea are those "ice" bandanas that have the gel sewn inside. You put them in the refrigerator or freezer and then lay the cold bandana around your neck to keep cool.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other
Save

You'll love having the Joovy stroller - just make sure you put a brightly colored ribbon or something else recognizable on your stroller. We took our Joovy w/ a just turned 5 yr old and 6 month old three years ago. At one point, there were SEVEN joovy strollers parked at It's a Small World (and this was in Feb when the park was empty).

7. Re: HELP! Portable Stroller Fan, and other

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.