We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Brisbane Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Shopping Malls near Disneyland

We are staying at the Super 8 near Disneyland on Katella Ave. Are there any shopping malls within walking distance from there?

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Pardon my mirth, but I see so many Australians asking this question, and have to ask "Why?"

Why do people travel half way around the world with shopping as such a high priority.

You'd think we don't have shopping centres in Australia.

In fact, we (Westfield) are showing our American cousins, big-time, how to set up and run them. Westfield is booming in the US.

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Sorry chayto, meant to say - no offence intended! It's just that I don't get it.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

It's true. Westfield does set up a great mall. Many thanks to our Aussie friends for rescuing our aging malls.HOWEVER, the best and biggest mall near Disneyland is at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.(Nordstrom,Tiffancy,CArtier,Gucci,etc,etc(not Westfield-sorry). However, it's not walkable, but you can get a shuttle from the hotel.

Unfortunately, there are no large shopping malls walkable from Disneyland. Disney has a small shopping area called Downtown Disney.

There ae a number of convience stores(grocery,etc) near the park.

Cheers!!!

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Hey mfj,

I'm with you and have been thinking this for some time but you finally come out and said it.

Outlet Centres I can understand and we usually give them a workout but Malls are the same everywhere.

Lots of Aussies seem obsessed with visiting a Mall.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENCE CHAYTO.

Chayto____Check out this website

www.aguidetoanaheim.com

They have a list of shopping malls and more.

I think Mainplace Mall used to have a free shuttle pick up in Anaheim but the website will tell you more.

Happy shopping.

LA, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

I think your best be is The Block. It's part outlet shopping (Saks Fifth Ave outlet)and an entertainment center (30 screen movie theatre and tons of restaurants.

But I if money is no object, South Coast Plaza is THE shopping center in OC. Another good option is Fashion Island. It's a very pretty outdoor mall in newport beach.

The block is about a 7-10 min drive from DL. As for SCP, I think, they have a shuttle from the DL (though I'm not sure). FI is about 15-20 away.

www.theblockatorange.com

www.southcoastplaza.com

www.shopfashionisland.com

Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

i think chayto may just want to know so he can get groceries or something? just because they ask for the nearest shopping mall doesnt mean they'll spend all their time there...a couple of hours wandering through a mall couldnt hurt too much anyway...

mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Good point Brooke! Come on chayto, what is it? Are you just looking for a supermarket, or are you a shoppingmallaholic?

And good to hear from you too Oskar.

Happy travels to you all....

Townsville...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

I also asked about the malls. I wanted to see what is in the US shops to compare and maybe buy something nice as a souvenir! I wanted the complete experience. For me that includes the malls, food, la highways etc. We hear about Sacks and JCpenny and so on on TV> Now I've been there and know what it is. Each to his own, and this is mine , so there!!!! :-) Live and let live.

I thought the block at Orange was nice. It is not within walking distance though. I think there is a Target close to it on Harbor Boulevard.

Can I be so bold as to enquire if the other contributors to this question's replies are perhaps male???? It would explain a few things!

Vive le shops!!! :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Personally, I think shoppping in the US is great! You can get some great bargains! For example, athletic shoes are usually half the price;clinique cosmetics are less than half the price plus there is the added advantage of seeing stuff we don't have at all!

I always think that one of the most interesting things to do overseas is check out local supermarkets. You never know what you might find.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Malls near Disneyland

Hey mfj,

I think they are ganging up on us !