We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to Disney

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego to Disney

Hi,

Am planning a trip to San Diego / Disneyland next week - reaching San Diego on Wednesday night, and spending the night with some folks there. Plan to cover Disneyland on Thursday & Friday, booking into a hotel for Thursday night.

Since I'll be in the park all day, and the hotel would hopefully be closeby, I won't really need a car those two days, except to reach Disneyland from San Diego. So was wondering if there's any other mode of transport - alternative to renting a car, to reach Disney from San Diego?

Also, am considering the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Placentia, the TownePlace Suites Anaheim and Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort.

Can I reach Disneyland from any of these without a car (either walk or hotel shuttle), or would a car be necessary(in which case my first question is meaningless)

Thanks for your help!

- JK

Cedar City, Utah
Level Contributor
136 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego to Disney

I'm not sure about the transportation from San diego but as far as the hotels you probably want to go with the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort. It is right across the street from the Disneyland gate. The Fairfield Inn Anaheim Placentia is about 7 miles away and the TownePlace Suites Anaheim is about 2 and half miles away. I hope that helps some

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego to Disney

Hello! Thanks very much for the quick response, yes that helps a lot!

Im just seeing if I can find a way of reaching Disney from San Diego without a car. If I can, then this surely is the hotel i go to! Even otherwise, this seems like a really nice place to stay in!

Thanks,

- JK

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego to Disney

Definitely stay at Fairfield Anaheim. It is only a 5 minute walk to the main entrance, as it is directly accross from the main gate.

To get to Anaheim from San Diego, use Amtrak ($18 one-way). Once you arrive at the train station in Anaheim, use a taxi to get to the Fairfield (should be about $10, as it's only a 5-10 minute drive). To get to your departure airport from Disneyland, use one of the shuttle services, like Super Shuttle, for $12-$15.

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego to Disney

Hi,

That's a great option! Didn't think of that. Thank you very much, this was most useful!

:) JK

england
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Diego to Disney

hi jk,

We did the same thing in august, Amtrak pacific surfliner! it took us from anaheim to san diego in just under two hours and cost about 130 dollars for two adults and three children, that was business class as we wanted a guaranteed seat but going back san diego is its starting point so we just got standard tickets for, i think, about 70 dollars. It was really great as it travels along the coast so sea views most of the way! i'd definitely do it again.

Anaheim California
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: San Diego to Disney

Take the train it's fun way to travel plus you get a nice view of the coast at least up to Caspistrano when the track turns inland.

The station @ Anaheim is right by Angels staduim about four miles down Ball road is the Disney Resort. You can take a bus or pick up a cab to your hotel.