We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Disneyland Hotel or GCH?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
HELP!! Disneyland Hotel or GCH?

I can't decide which hotel would be best for me and my family. I am taking this vacation for my kids during Spring Break (April) next year. I'm booked at GCH because of the easy access to the parks plus a the nice stay. I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old. After visiting Disney World, earlier this year, I decided that I would not go back unless I stayed onsite. We stayed at offsite and the busing and searching for places to eat was terrible.

Here is the problem...I am a bathroom freak and I need great service. The better the service the happier I am. I stayed at the Grand Floridian once (one night) and the service has marked me (in a good way) for life. I've never been treated so well (except for the Disney Cruise). It was the best. Based on the reviews I've read in here, I understand that the GCH may not be the best hotel in the world (for what you pay for). But can it meet my two simple areas (to be treated well and have a clean bathroom). Our room at GCH is a standard room, not facing anything from what I know. I did not request the conciege package, because it was way to expensive. I want to be comfortable and I want my family to have a great time. The difference between the hotels is $500 and I'm wondering if it will be worth it or not. From what I've read, the Disneyland Resort will be the best time for my kids! But I am not confident that it meets my two needs. Believe me, this trip is for my kids but I need those two thing for me to enjoy myself. My wife could pretty much careless. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Disneyland Hotel or GCH?

We've always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and loved it. It's always been very clean and comfortable and the service has always been excellent. The staff is friendly and polite. The Disneyland Hotel works well for us because our daughter is too young to really enjoy everything at California Adventure, so we only go to Disneyland. The Disneyland Hotel is a short walk to the Monorail, and it lets us off in Disneyland fairly close to Fantasyland. Plus, we get priority to ride it when we want to go back to the hotel. Now let me tell you about a good friend of mine...she, too, has always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and swore by it until one weekend she decided to splurge and stay at Grand Californian. She said it was so nice she would always stay there from now on. She felt it was a lot more upscale than the Disneyland Hotel. However, she also loves California Adventure and she says the entrance there is right by the river ride, so they get all wet and head back to the hotel to change quick. Don't know if all this rambling helped much...