We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chookie

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Chookie

Hi i saw your post that you sent Katsie, your trip is similar to mine(minus Hawaii-i wish!!!). We are leaving December 26th and can not wait. We are doing 13 nights at Dinseyland, 1 night on the drive to SF, 4 nights in SF, then 1 night on the way back to LAX. Have you booked accomadation anywhere between LA and SF?? We thought we would just book along the way. What hotels are you staying at??

Thanks

Australia, Darwin
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Chookie

Yea, its very hard

BUT we have made the cover story of a driving holiday so when we refer to holiday they think melbourne and we have never discussed a date we just say later in the year.

We also had to devise a code system like refering to things like DL (disneyland), zoo (sandiago zoo) and a few others and yes we have let it slip a few times, we just cover it up with something about melbourne and not make a big deal out of it, MAN ITS HARD WORK lol.

The photos for the passport, now this was easy, again we didnt make a big deal out of it, we just told the kids that we needed to get photos taken for the photo album and then bribed them with a huge icecream straight after, they have never mentioned it again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Chookie

Haunter, WOW....they are going to get such a great surprise!!! Make sure you have a video camera rolling for their reactions.

Brisbane Queensland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Chookie

Macdac, We are not sure what we will be doing NYE - we arrive on the 30th and will do some souvenir shopping pick up some snacks and then take the kids for a walk and early dinner at rainforest cafe. On the 31st it will be the beginning of the hopper pass so i am not sure how the kids will go. we think we will wtch the fireworks from the hotel or maybe go to the front entrance. see how we feel!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Chookie

Another Aussie who has just returned from Disneyland, we had a three day hopper pass which we thought would enable us to cover all of Disneyland and California Adventure however we still missed out on a few rides and shows, our daughter loved the Grizzly River run in CA ( we rode this 6 times), while our son's favourite was Big Thunder Mountain railroad in Disney, would also highly recommend California Soarin.

We ate at Red Robin on a few nights which has a good atmosphere and was near where we stayed. Travelled to San Diego on Amtrak and visited Sea World, Legoland and USS Midway, recommend them all, spent 6 hours in Balboa Park and visited only 4 museums, if you are staying in San Diego and have to use Public transport recommend that you get accomodation close to the trolley stations.

We had a great time and wish all Aussies the same

Regards Yarra Glen