We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Topic
Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

We're considering going to DL over Thanksgiving vacation for a couple of days. We would need four rooms and the CCI is listed at $109/night which sounds great. Is it nice? Website looks good. Grand Californian looks beautiful, but four rooms would be reeeeally pricy.

Would love to go to Napa Rose for dinner one night. Is it really amazing? I believe they have a chef from Auberge du Soleil. TIA

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

the candy cane inn gets very good reviews on this board.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

Candy Cane Inn is really nice. Great location. Substantial continental breakfast. Free parking. Clean. Well maintained.

We've stayed there 3 times, and have a reservation for October.

I was going to book Thanksgiving weekend also, but don't see availability. Where are you getting your info?

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

Ok, so we are all going for Thanksgiving!! Yeah, we are going too, Syrahgirl!

My husband and I love Candy Cane Inn and stay there often. In fact we only stay there or Ayres Anaheim down the street a few miles. But CCI has a nice van system taking you to Disneyland every 30 minutes. The continental breakfast is really big. They always seem to have the best prices too.

If anything is wrong we have had superb treatment from the management, which is just one more reason to select them. The beds are comfy and clean. We like it. Very similar to a nice Best Western in comfort.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

Ooops. Forgot to mention that the one time we went to Napa Rose we loved it. But then we really love fine dining. We just had to change our vacation and gave up our reservation next week, but my husband said, "We have to go at Thanksgiving. We cannot miss it this year." So, there you have it. The Gourmands love it. (I do think you have to get reservations quick!)

strathmore
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

The only negative I have read about the candy cane is that one lady said she didn't feel comfortable leaving her curtains open because the walkway is right outside your window and everyone walking by can look into each room. I'm not sure I would want to spend 5 days in a hotel room with the curtains closed for privacy, although I think we will have the same problem at the Annabella as it is also a low rise type building.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

The rooms at CCI have plantation shutters, so you can let in a little light without sacrificing your privacy.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

I love those shutters! It looks great for the price and I like the idea of the shuttle. I see that the park will be open until 11:00pm the entire week which is nice.

Our schools here have the entire week off before Thanksgiving, so we are looking at going a few days before Thanksgiving. Thanks for the responses,I'll have to get that ressie in soon for Napa Rose, also. TTFN!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

They do have the shuttle. But it's not a bad walk.

We have a toddler in a stroller, so sometimes it's easier to walk, than to try and unload the stroller, fold it up and carry it on the shuttle.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not, but there is a gift shop and a 7-11 right next door. Makes it easy to grab a bottle of water or snack before heading to the park.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Candy Cane Inn/Is it nice?

CCi sounds really nice, but we decided to splurge a bit and I booked the Grand Californian for our trip in November. The website and Expedia showed no availability at all, but I was able to book by calling the hotel directly, so there are still rooms available.

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel several times, which we really enjoyed but I'm really looking forward to the Grand Californian. It will be nice to be directly in the park. We were told we could leave our bags at the front desk since we will be arriving very early which was nice. TTFN! :)