We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel??

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hilo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Hotel??

Embassy Suites Anaheim South OR Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim/Garden Grove (11931 Harbor Blvd.)

Anyone have any experience with these hotels?? I'm torn between the two. Thanks for any help!!!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel??

Embassy Suites is the closer of the 2 hotels to DL, but it is a little bit of a walk so you'll have to use the ART service or rent a car. I have stayed there, and it is really pretty good. It is the sister hotel to the Peacock suites around the corner from it. I would stay at the Embassy. Another hotel that is good is the Candy-Cane Inn, sounds corny, but it is a good little hotel and it is right next door to DL, I heard prices were pretty good for it.

Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel??

Hi,

I am looking at the 2 exact same hotels which I find surprising. I think they both are good. I am probably going to go with the Embassy as I stayed at one of their properties in Vegas and it was incredible for the money we paid. The full breakfast was the best and the suite layout is really nice. I'm sure the Marriot would be good too- I've stayed at lots of their properties but not this one. If you have any more info. - I'd be interested.

england
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel??

hi,

Although i've never stayed at the marriott, we stayed at the Embassy suites in august, you can't fault it, great breakfast and dinners, good atmosphere, clean rooms and lovely WHITE towels!,the staff were very helpful too.Plus,having two rooms is always a bonus.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel??

I like the Marriott myself. I have stayed there and it was great. They also have a free shuttle that goes to and from Disneyland every 20 to 30 minutes. Excellent service. Also, there are several restaurants right in the area (Outback, Red Robin) as well as a Target across the street. I highly recommend it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel??

I can't comment on Embassy Suite we were very happy with our 7 night stay (family of 4) at Residence Inn Garden Grove last month. We had a kids suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen , living room , 3 tvs. The hotel is very young, everything is still in excellent condition, the rooms were spotless and it is family friendly. It didn't worry us so much about the distance from DL. The ART shuttle is right outside the hotel and arrives every 20 mins. It was enjoyable enough sitting on the shuttle , having someone else do the driving, resting your weary feet, talking to other people and listening the the drivers (some were very funny). To me the condition of the hotel was more important than the proximity to the parks. We would go back to the hotel in a second ! . In fact we went on to stay at Residence Inn at San Diego and were happy with that too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel??

Just to clarify, Residence Inn doesn't have it's own shuttle anymore - you now use the ART shuttle. But we were happy with the ART shuttle service.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel??

Hi, does the residence inn have a basketball court or am i thinking of a different one.Also was it easy getting around from here to block of orange and a public transport.Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel??

Yes, Residence Inn Garden Grove has a basketball court. We didn't manage to get to The Block. We didn't use public transport other than ART shuttle.