We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Anaheim

Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
96 reviews
Accommodation Anaheim

We are a family of 3 from Australia who will be in LA mid September. We are looking for reasonably priced accommodation near Disneyland for 3 nights. Was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a first timer?? Upon returning we will have another 3 nights free and also looking for suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

We stayed at the Tropicana, which is across the road from the Disneyland entrance, & it was fine. Howard Johnson's is also supposed to be good. You really want to be looking for a place on Harbour Boulevard so that you can walk to & from DL rather than waiting for a shuttle bus. We were there last September, & the days DL was open late we would go back to the room & have a dip in the spa, then change into warmer clothes for the evening. If DL is open late, you won't be spending a lot of time in your room

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

When you return to LA, you would be best to stay either in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica. We stayed at the Seashore Motel in Santa Monica, & it also was fine. We had a car & there was free parking as well as it being reasonable priced.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
513 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

Hi,

Just returned from Anaheim yesterday. Sad...

We stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. The location you could not get better. The rooms were fine and the breakfast was ok - toast, fruit, a pastry and cereral. The staff were not friendly at all but we hardly had to deal with them. I would stay here again for price and location. Directly across the road from the entry to Disneyland. We would come home at lunch time and have lunch in our room or at McDonalds and have a rest and then hit the parks again in the afternoon.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
883 posts
264 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

The Howard Johnson is at walking distance from Disneyland, gets high grades and i booked my daughter for a stay there last March and she was very positive about the place

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

I second the Howard Johnson suggestion. Near Disneyland and a fantastic pool area. Reasonable prices too. Also take a look at Candy Cane Inn.

sydney
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in March and cannot recommend it highly enough. It was a short walk to Disneyland ( about 10 minutes),the pool was great for kids, the rooms clean and the reception staff very helpful. Mimis cafe across the road was great for all meals and very affordable.Breakfast cost about US$12.00 pp (3 adults serving size),lunch about the same and dinner about US$15.00. We always had a box to take home with leftovers (which did for morning tea the next day).'Select' rent a car had a deal going with Howard Johnson and we hired a car twice with them. They delivered the car to the hotel each time (all organised by reception).Hope you have a great time. For your return journey, perhaps it would be good to stay in LA proper- Hollywood or Santa Monica (it takes about 45mins-1 hour to drive from Anaheim). We managed the driving ok, and may I suggest a GPS which can be hired along with the car for about another $10.00/day (invaluable).

Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
96 reviews
7. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

Thanks so much for your help. You guys have certainly given me enough info to keep me busy researching today. This is so helpful.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

We are also going in September and have booked at Ramada Maingate

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

September is a great time to go to the USA and we were there September a couple of years ago and stayed at the Howard Johnson. It was brilliant - clean, comfortable and easy access to Disney. It is not the Hilton but you dont spend much time in your room. Mimi's cafe is great as well. So much as usual in the US - we found getting take away better as we would get a sandwich which came with hot chips, a salad and 'bread' which was really like banana cake! We had the sandwich and chips for tea and packed the salad and cake for lunch the next day! We are actually going in September again this year and have booked at Howard Johnson again. We are also looking at some where to stay on the way home...

Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
96 reviews
10. Re: Accommodation Anaheim

I love this website. You guys have all been so helpful. We have actually booked the Howard Johnson with a Disney view. Cant wait!! If you have anymore great ideas prior to our flight out please let us know. Thanks once again for all your help.