We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From LAX to Anaheim

Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
From LAX to Anaheim

Can anyone please advise whether it's cheaper to use Super Shuttle or hire a taxi for 4 of us with 2 std luggage & 4 bag packs.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,814 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: From LAX to Anaheim

The SuperShuttle rate is $16/pp in a shared van. the taxi would be over $100.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,399 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: From LAX to Anaheim

On the other hand, for about $10 more per person, a taxi is lot quicker since:

1. You can get into a taxi as soon as you emerge from the terminal whereas the Super Shuttle "shared vans" have to 'fill up' before they leave the airport. They are permitted to drive to each of the 9 terminals in the airport (with you aboard) looking for passengers and once they circle the entire airport, they are permitted to do it all over again! (Two entire sweeps of the airport).

2. It is likely that the super shuttle will stop at other's hotels to drop them off before they reach your hotel so there will be some delays whereas a taxi expresses from the terminal to the hotel -- no stops.

It's up to you -- for $10 more per person, after a 16 hour flight and an hour or more in baggage reclaim, customs and immigration, I'd take a taxi. You're apt to save as much as an hour in transit.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,516 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: From LAX to Anaheim

I just checked on this for someone a few days ago. If you search in the forum's search box, you might find that thread.

A private sedan through Super Shuttle could be less than a taxi. They will carry four people.

You could consider the private shuttle as well, which is more than a shared shuttle but less than a private sedan. I'm not sure if there is a minumum amount of passengers. It sits up to 7 or 9.

Also, Prime Time Shuttle seems a little less expensive than Super Shuttle.

If you are using the transport during a peak travel time, a taxi driver could charge more when traffic is slow or at a stand still. The shuttle companies charge flat fees.

With a reserved private shuttle or sedan, they won't look for other fares at the airport. You will have to wait a little while for them, most likely, but that gives you time to pick up your checked luggage.

My personal experience with shared shuttles (three times at LAX in the 90's) is that they never circled the airport looking for other fares and only took reserved fares. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe it was because it was after 9 p.m. when I got in, I don't know.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: From LAX to Anaheim

The following is an excerpt from Disney's page discussing public transport options from LAX to Anaheim:

"...Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Disneyland® Resort Express

The Express provides the most convenient mode of transportation between LAX and the Disneyland® Resort Area including Anaheim Resort Hotels. Upon exiting the baggage claim area, proceed to the center island. You may board the Disneyland® Resort Express underneath the GREEN sign in front of each terminal. Busses depart frequently beginning at Terminal #1. Reservations are not required.

Shuttles/Limousines/Taxicabs

There are a number of shared ride shuttles and limousines available that can take you directly to the Disneyland® Resort. It's best to arrange your transportation prior to arriving at the airport.

Limousines may charge a flat rate that is sometimes close to the rate charged by a taxi service. These vans pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the orange sign marked "Shared Ride Vans."

Taxicabs are available for direct transportation service to the Disneyland® Resort. After exiting baggage claim, walk outside to the taxi stand. Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow sign indicating, "Taxis." You will be presented with a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations. Only authorized taxis with an official seal issued by City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation are permitted in the airport. It is illegal for any transportation services to solicit fares, and travelers using such services do so at their own risk.

Metro (Bus & Rail)

The Metro consists of a network of interlinked bus routes and rail lines.

After exiting the baggage claim area, wait under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal.

Ride the bus/shuttle marked "G" to the Aviation Station and proceed to the west end of the platform.

Board the Metro Rail Green Line headed east toward Norwalk.

Once you arrive at the Norwalk Station, board the Metro Express Line 460 bus headed to the Disneyland® Resort."

Here is the link to the website where I located this information:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com

Once there, click on the "plan" tab, then the "driving directions" link, then the "public transportation" link.

The round-trip price for the Disney Express Shuttle, which no one in this thread has mentioned yet, is currently $30 per adult/ $22 per child and there is a small savings off these prices if you book online.

As well, some hotels provide shuttles from LAX to their properties, have you inquired with your hotel as to whether they provide such a service?

You might also want to check out the Ground Tranportation link on LAX's website, as it explains where you go to find your arranged transportation at the airport. I found that aspect really confusing when I arrived at LAX and I wish I had had this information beforehand. The LAX website is at www.lawa.org

I hope that helps.

- CG

5. Re: From LAX to Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, October 17, 2009