We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
300 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

We are flying out to Anaheim and meeting my 21 yo son. I would like to treat him to a couple of good meals. He likes fish and good steak. Any suggestions near Disneyland?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

I really really like the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. Great food.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

Try looking at:

http://www.ocweekly.com

They have a searchable list of restaurant reviews.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

There aren't many steakhouses in Anaheim, unfortunately, it's mostly chain restaurants. For convenience, Downtown Disney has several restaurants.

I know everyone has different experiences - but we've have hit-or-miss food experiences at Jazz Kitchen. Most recently, we went for Valentines (when they were understandably VERY busy) and the food was sub-par. Of course, I went on another occassion and the food was superb...then again, when we went the first time, our catfish was undercooked and soggy. We're wondering if we've just had bad luck, since a lot of friends love the place. Though this is more Creole style food, which might not match what you're looking for. The menu rotates seasonally, also.

House of Blues actually has some pretty good food, despite being a touristt place. I liked their jambalaya, and loved their bread pudding (liked it better than Jazz Kitchen's, but not as much as Storytellers, which is just...yumm).

We've enjoyed Storyteller Cafe (inside Grand Californian) everytime we've gone, whether having the buffet or ordering off the menu. Dont' know why, it's pretty simple food, but somehow we always enjoy it there. The buffet dinner, though pricey, always includes prime rib, chicken (preparation varies), and salmon (preparation varies). The steak & chicken we've ordered off the menu have both been good, as well. As I mentioned above, the bread pudding in their buffet is pretty yummy. They use leftover croissants and pastries as the base of the pudding, and it's amazing what it does to the taste compared to just using regular bread. This place does tend to have a lot of families though, so if you're worried about being seated next to boisterous kids, you might want to pass.

If it doesn't have to be within walking distance of Disneyland, King's Fishhouse (if you have transportation) is not very far (about 15 minutes). Just follow Katella east, past the 57 freeway, past The Pond, and you'll see a "Stadium Promenande" complex on your left. Kings is in there. The menu is primarily seafood, though there are chicken & steak alternatives. King's can be pricey, but it's always a good treat for us.

Hope some of this helps.

WA
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

We just got back from our Disney trip today. We took our 4 boys to Joes Crab Shack and had a great dinner! Good food, fun time. The boys loved it. It's on Harbor Blvd. I guess it's considered Garden Grove? by the Marriott. Great service too.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

Just down Harbor Blvd. is Outback Steakhouse, which is pricey, but good. A really great steakhouse is off Harbor Blvd and Commonwealth in downtown Fullerton. It is called Stubriks and is very, very good. The place is kind of cool. Also right there next to it is Old Spaghetti Factory which is still a huge local favorite and it is very reasonable. Fullerton is only about 5-10 minutes from Disneyland, definently worth the drive or the cost of a cab.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

I forgot about Stubrik's! It is good - the atmostphere is nice and laid back. Located in old Fullerton, next ot the train station off Harbor/Commonwealth. However, be prepared for a bit of a wait if you go at the usual dinner time.

Arizona
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants

I love to eat at the Blue Bayou restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. It's good food (it can get pricey) and you really can't beat the atmosphere.