We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early December

vancouver, british...
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in early December

We are considering coming in December, staying from December 5-12th.

Generally, how is the weather?

Pants during the day and a llong sleeve shirt or do we need a jacket

Are the pools still open and is it warm enough to swim?

Please keep in mind that we live in a place where summer weather is an average 23 and the hottest it gets is about 30.

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in early December

Highs should be around 70 F (21 C). Lows in the mid to high 40s (9 C). That said, you should be ok during daytime in warm-weather clothes. However, after the sun goes down around 5:00 or so, it will cool off quickly. You'll need a jacket or sweater for the evening.

As far as I know, the pools are usually open year-round. However, with the temps so cold at night, the water will likely be cold unless the pool is heated and/or indoors. I do know that Hilton Suites has an indoor pool, but I'm not sure about others.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,449 posts
6,008 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in early December

You'll find Southern California climate delightful in December....

given you are from Vancouver. Its about 10 degrees warmer than San Francico/San Jose area on an average so when I go there in December, its always nice. (Note: I overpack and bring more sweaters saying - hey - its California - and then forget they're usually not needed in the day.) For night take one jacket/coat (i.e. lightweight something you....and if you plan to do more outdoors stuff (like visit Disneyland at night) include a sweater.

It does get cold and at times has been in the 40's and 30's at night. That jacket will come in handy.....

The pools are generally open (meaning they don't close like in some winter climates in the US) and I always pack along a suit.....lots of the pools at the hotels are heated and swimmable and if the pool is not heated, lots of hotels/motels have jacuzzis which is nice to sit in on a cool evening. It all depends upon where you're staying. Enjoy your trip.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in early December

I spent Christamas at Disney last year. It was 83 Degrees. Hot and the park was so crowded that they closed it's doors and would not let anyone come in.