We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character Dining

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, ca
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Character Dining

I have a 5 and 8 year old daughter that I would like to take to one of these dining events.

Which would you recommend breakfast at Disneyland or dinner at Ariel's Grotto.

I know my daughters will enjoy both set of characters but I am wondering which food will be better. Any in sight will help. TIA!

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
455 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Character Dining

We took our daughters to Ariel's and they really loved it. The princesses took time with each child and it was just perfect for the little princesses. The food was not memorable at all, edible yes but that's about it. The kids were so distracted that it was hard for them to even eat! Ariel's grotto does have a breakfast too. Call Disney Dining and they can arrange for that. I think it's a little cheaper than dinner. I also figure that they are more likely to eat first thing in the am.

san jose, ca
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Character Dining

Does Jasmine show up as well?

out of thes past 4 years that we have been going to disneyland well over 10 times we have never seen jasmine

oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Character Dining

We had lunch at Ariel's Grotto and loved it. We even thought the food was good.

If you would really like to see Jasmine, there is the Aladdin storytelling each day in Disneyland between next to Indiana Jones. After the storytelling all the kids have the chance to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, and have their books signed and even a photo. At their ages your girls will love it!

brisbane
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Character Dining

Hi, we did both Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen, foodwise we loved Goofy's and the characters seemed more fun and spent more time, but Ariel's was lovely having the princesses, but they kind of just rushed through. We enjoyed the food but Goofy's had such a better choice.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Character Dining

There is no more Alladin story telling, it is now an Indiana Jones show.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Character Dining

Now I read on a character breakfast awhile ago that you can get a late seating that was good to tie family over for lunch ie 11am or 11:30am.. Our hotel offers hot breakfast in our package so this would be nice to have the lunch as the kids just graise/nibble at food anyways..

Would the goofeys kitchen be better for 4 year olds???

The Valley, L.A...
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Character Dining

My family has done several character breakfast as well as a lunch at Ariel's grotto. Now the way i can tell it is I enjoyed the Character breakfast more then lunch at Ariel's grotto. My daughter and niece enjoyed meeting all the princesses but weren't full with the food they were given at Ariel's grotto. That's why i prefer the other character dining experiences cuz it a buffet. Its really expensive so take ur time and enjoy. We made the mistake a few times of just going, eating, a few pics then we were outta there. But not anymore we sit, enjoy, eat, and be merry.

Oh you can catch the Princesses over at the Fantasy Faire.

There usually all there :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Character Dining

do you have to call disney to book this or can you do it online? how much is this breakfast character buffet?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Character Dining

we will have a 3 year old boy and 4 1/2 year old girl. Our daughter loves princesses but our son would be bored with this so I am thinking that Ariel's grotto might not be ideal for us. Our daugther does like to watch the disney playhouse and enjoys Darby/pooh friends and mickey and friends.

They offered Minnie and friends for lunch or dinner or Goofys kitchen which is in a Disney hotel.

Is one of these better then the other to see characters and food quality?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Character Dining

Does anyone know about this Minnie mouse and friends dining? I have not heard anyone mention this one is it new?