We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Just wondering how far the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel is from Disneyland to walk?

Also, any recommended restaurants near the Sheraton?

Thanks.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Yes, it is less than a 10 minute walk. Probably more like seven minutes. I like this hotel alot.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,335 posts
6,139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

You can walk or the hotel runs a shuttle every half hour or so to the main gates of Disneyland. They will give you a schedule when you check in (or ask them for one if they don't.).

As such, you can walk one way and after a long day at the park, take the shuttle back, etc.

The Sheraton has good breakfasts - room service is good as well as breakfast at the hotel. They serve a buffet style in the morning and its a nice place to enjoy sitting. You can also order off the menu.

Across the street is an inexpensive spaghetti restaurant called Spaghetti Station http://www.spaghetti-station.com/

It is an "old west" environment with very inexpensive meals....and good portions.

Given the shuttle to Disneyland, etc. its easy to get from the hotel to Downtown Disney, etc. for any of the restaurants there as well. In addition the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) can take you to other restaurants in the area.

http://www.rideart.org/

Everyone has their favorites...For Disneyland, I like Blue Bayou at Disneyland; Trattoria at California Adventure;

Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney; UVA Bar for tapas and drinks. For Japanese, I like Yamabuki in the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,887 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Resort Transportation
Anaheim Resort...
268 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Blue Bayou
Blue Bayou
2,982 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Uva Bar & Cafe
Uva Bar & Cafe
112 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,335 posts
6,139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

ps: The Sheraton rooms are large; garden areas and swimming pools nice; koi ponds are great....very relaxing to come back to after a day at Disneyland. Comfortable beds...

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

I have had groups at this hotel a few times and several of them used to walk it easily.

I always used the shuttle____I figure you are going to be on your feet all day and night in the parks a ride there and back was most welcome.

Mini gave you a pretty good description. The rooms are quite large . It always seemed there was some furniture missing there was so much space.

You will like it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Thanks for all the tips. 2 weeks til the holiday starts - I can't wait!!

strathmore
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Is the shuttle the hotels own shuttle or is it the ART system? Also how late does the shuttle run at night? Thanks

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - is it walking distance to...

Mini, FYI the Spaghetti Station is a vacant lot as of 4 months ago. The only other restaurant in walking distance of Sheraton is Cuban Petes and Holiday Inn at the Park.