We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

Auckland- New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

Hi we are a family of 5, kids 16, 15 and 11 coming back to disneyland and would love to know officially what is the closest accom to the park, we stayed at the disneyland hotel last time so never got to see the other side of the park, would love to stay ther agian but just tooexpensive!!!! any recommednations????

Alamosa, Colorado
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

Well, the hotel that is directly across the street is Best Western Park Place Inn. It's your basic motel room, clean, microwave, refridgerator and continental breakfast. We stayed here last December and had no complaints. It's nice to walk to since it's so close after a long, fun day in the park!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

Measuring from the Check-In desk of the hotel to the center fo the Main Entrance Plaza, the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn, even closer than the Grand California. But if you are looking for close but Walking Distance, most folks say the Hotels on Harbor Blvd. between the Howard Johnson's to the North, and the Candy Cane Inn on the south are the main walking distance hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

The Carousel Inn is also very close, it is next door to the BW Park Place! We had a nice room and enjoyed the easy walk to the park. Hojo's is nice too, but a bit further up the street! We easily walked it and the rooms were bigger than those at Carousel Inn.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

We have stayed at Park Vue Inn, and by memory its the closest- about a 2-3 minute walk to the main gate. You can get rooms around $70 a night.

Have fun

PP

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

We stayed at the Camelot Inn & Suites in June of this year. It is one of many motels on Harbor Blvd that are across the street from the Disneyland entrance walkway. It took us only about 8 minutes to walk from our hotel to the actual Disneyland turnstiles. The Camelot is right next to the Carousel Inn. The Tropicana Inn & the Best Western Park Place are even closer to the actual crosswalk that takes you across Harbor.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
70 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

I had this same question! I am looking between Best Western Park Place Inn and the Anaheim Fairfield Inn. We've got 3 kids (9, 6, and 3).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,448 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

cashmyre,

the closest hotel to the crosswalk that goes across the street to disneyland is the park vue inn.

you can map the hotels on trip advisor to see where the other hotels are in relation to that one.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

Well in my opinion even though it may not be tru I liek to think that the Candy Cane inn is the closet non disney hotel. I think this because of the fact it is right next to disney property and you do not have to cross busy Harbour blvd. When we were traveling with friends once we had a "walking race". They were staying at the Ramada Main Gate and we were at the Candy Cane Inn. The Ramada is closer but with the crowds staying in all the hotels on that side they lost. They also had to wait for the line change... so if crowds bother you I would say teh best choice is the Candy Cane inn.

I also recomend the Candy Cane inn because they have really great rooms even though they are smaller then the avg. size, but who cares you really are not in them that much. It is close about a 7 min walk. And if you dont liek to walk you can take the hotels private shuttle which runs every 15 min. The Candy Cane inn also offers a daily complimentry breakfast which consits of bagles cereal muffins and fruit as well as some other things. They also have coffe juice mil and tea. They have a great pool and a nice little spa this is our favorite non disney hotel in the area.

As for people saying that Disney's Grand Californian is not the closest I would disagree. It is very close in fact the actual hotel is located right inside Disney's California Adventure Park, with its own private entrance into the park. The walking distance to the main esplande (where the park entrances are) is close it honestly just depends on where you leave the hotel. And if you want a little short cut walk through the World of Disney in the moring (Only in the morning this store in the evening is a mad house) becasue it is less busy.

I hope I have helped a little. If you have any more questions just let me know by sending me a private message.

I also have a youtube page which is under the channel goofy8765. Or you can check out my website on google pages at wdwdisneyfan.googlepages.com only the disneyland section and press releas section is up at this time.

9. Re: What is the Closest hotel/motel officially to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 03, 2009