We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning family vacation to Disneyland March 2006.

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HONOLULU
6 posts
Save Topic
Planning family vacation to Disneyland March 2006.

Aloha one and all :)

Aloha one and all ���

First, can anyone tell me when the spring break is for Cali. school kids.

The reason that I am asking is because, I am in the midst of planning a family vacation to the ���HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH��� Disneyland ��� during our spring break holiday, and not sure if all breaks are the same.

We are planning to be in the Anaheim area for 9 days & 8 nights.

Thinking about getting 4day hopper passes to be on the safe side. Also, planning on going to Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Sea World and maybe a Los Angeles tour.

Does anyone know anything about these hotels and suites?

The Clarion Hotel, Anaheim

Residence Inn Maingate

I am pulling more towards the Residence Inn, just because the rooms have a full kitchen, a complimentary breakfast buffet, and some sort of grocery delivery service. (anyone knows how that works)

Do these suites come fully equipped with pots/pans, utensils and the like? Sorry if it is a dumb question, never stayed in these types of rooms before.

This Is all I can think of at the moment

Aloha every one

Liane

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning family vacation to Disneyland March 2006.

Liane:

Aloha! I have been to your city, many times and have always enjoyed the island of Oahu! To me, Oahu is my HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! Now onto your questions:

From mid-march until mid-april is considered prime spring break time. Schools rotate their spring break weeks. You are not only contending with California, but the whole of the west coast during this time. I would plan on getting those 4 day hoppers!

I have not stayed in the Clarion for several years, so I will pass on commenting. However, the Residence Inn is excellent. The "kitchens" are minimally equipted buy will meet your needs while on vacation. The breakfast buffet was adequate, and they have a free shuttle that travels every 20-30 minutes that will drop you at the gates of Disneyland. Grocery delivery service---for a fee, they will have groceries delivered to your door. However, an Albertson's is one mile south of your location and a Target is right across the street.

Good luck in your planning, and if I can help you further, let me know.

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning family vacation to Disneyland March 2006.

Like Little Lisa said Spring break is pretty much spread out from March to April. My kids are out the first week of April. Some schools are out for two weeks. The last two weeks of April might be best as most kids are back in school by then.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning family vacation to Disneyland March 2006.

Aloha to you too!!!! Like the others said spring break go from late Feb-April. My kids are local (about 30 mins from D-Land) and they are off last week of Mar and 1 st week of April!! Good luck in your travels have a great time. Another suggestion just popped into my head the 2 weeks at Easter week before and after is very crowded. We went this year and it was more crowded then then any other time we have gone. Mid week is the best Tues and wed. Residence Inn is good . Have FUN!!!!!!!!