We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day with Toddlers

Ca
6 posts
Save Topic
1 Day with Toddlers

Hello, Were taking our Granddaughters to Disneyland ages

2 & 3 yrs. old We thought just getting tickets for one Park Disneyland. I have never been to the other Park new to me.

Were going to stay at the Hampton Inn and take the shuttle. I spent alot of time looking and I thought the Hotel was clean & nice and the price is right. We won't be able to do much with the children but they are the reason were going. Toon Town

sounds like all will see. Wish this Grandma & Papa Luck.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

With 2 & 3 year olds Toon Town is great, but Roger Rabbits Wild Ride is a bit too jerky and too many strobe lights - my daughter who was 2 at the time and my son who was 5 both HATED it. They both LOVED Small World, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribean, the Jungle Cruise, Autopia, Haunted Mansion and the favorite for them was the Winnie the Pooh. The Cinderella Show is also great. I would skip California Advenute with that age, a Bugs LIfe is cute, but not enough to justify the additional price. Dumbo ride is cute, BUT if you don't hit it in the am before the lines start, the line is the SLOWEST moving in the park as only a couple of kids can get on it each time.

Highly suggest bringing some sippy cups with water and/or juice as the drinks are expensive and they never come close to finishing one. Also bring some granola bars or crackers along to keep them happy between meals. The hungrier they get the harder it is to convince them to sit and eat.

You will have a wonderful time as will they. ENJOY!

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

i would agree with the last post, skip california adventure. as to toon town i honeslty felt even for the little ones it really wasnt that great. definitely hit fantasyland early and do dumb, storybook cruise, peter pan, alice in wonderland, also in tomorrowland they have the new buzz lightyear astroblaster, my kids loved it, i think the little ones would enjoy it,, it is like an interactive videogame where the kids can use a ray gun to shoot at zurg, even if the little ones dont comprehend i know mine enjoyed just shooting all the pop ups, and of course small world and pooh are great for the little ones as well. have fun

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

There is so much for toddlers to see at Disneyland more than just the rides. They will enjoy letting Grandma and Papa sit on a bench and rest and just watch all the people and the horse buggies and possibly characters walk by. Maybe enjoy a snack and drink between rides. Fantasyland is where you will want to spend most of your time and start early in the morning before it gets busy. Do see the Snow White show and the parade. Toon town only has two rides and they may be too small for both. But they can walk around and have fun there. Have fun!

Ca
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

Thank you for the information it was helpful. We are going to have a great time......For sure I want to go to the Rain Forest

Resturant this sounds like fun. I think the girls will love it.

Orange County...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

If you can get a park hopper ticket then by all means do it. I think the other posters were selling California Adventure short. There are things to do there with toddlers. There's the Muppet 3D movie and A Bug's Life area with toddler type rides. There's also a carousel and Jellyfish ride in Paradise Pier. There are also some neat shows that small children love. My friend's daughter loves the Rolie Polie Olie and Bear in the Big Blue House show that they have in Hollywood. All the toddlers are allowed to go up front and dance. California Adventure also has the Electrical Parade which is worth the price of an admission ticket alone. It is spectactular!

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
carrollton,TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

I agree with the last post if all you get is one day tickets to disneyland you might regret it. There is a ton of stuff to see and do for a 2 and 3 year old. The playhouse disney show at CA is a must if they have the disney channel and the whole bugs life section is perfect for that age. All of our daughters have gone at this age and there was never a shortage of things to do. have fun!

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

You should have a blast! I took my twins when they were 3. They were very frightened of Pirates of the Caribbean, but loved everything in Fantasyland. They also liked the Rocket ships (a silly ride that goes in circles), the Pooh ride over by Splash Mountain, Toon Town (except for the Roger Rabbit Ride).

I will also warn you that some children this age (my son was one) are scared to death of the characters. He screamed if they came close to him. My daughter LOVED them, though. Go figure.

Neither of my children cared for the Rainforest cafe...it's loud, with "thunderstorms" that happen unexpectedly. We actually had to leave the restaurant, and eat on a staff patio (they were very accomodating!) because they just couldn't handle the noise level.

Hope this helps!

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

Oh, and I agree with the others that California Adventure is definitely worth checking out for the young set. Mine actually liked it better than Disneyland. Lots of gentle fun for the younger kids. If you can swing two days, I'd get the Park Hoppers and enjoy a more leisurely trip.

Also, if you don't bring your own strollers, rent them! They are worth it! (And, not sure when you are going, but if you get a Disney Visa card, you can get two stroller rentals per day FREE through September 2006...just need to get a card...the price is right!).

Rose

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Northern California
Level Contributor
123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 Day with Toddlers

If you have just one day, I would recommend just sticking with Disneyland Park and skipping DA. I highly recommend the book The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland by Bob Sehlinger. You can check it out from the public library, or buy it for about $11. It gives you a plan for singles, families with teenagers, and families with preschoolers. I love the title of the plan for families who don't mind sacrificing some of the other sights in Disneyland to experience all of the ones that make their preschoolers happy: Dumbo or die in a day!

Warning: Snow White's ride frightened my kids, as did the whale that pops up on the Pinocchio ride (not to be confused with the whale you ride through on the Story Book Boats). The train is great, and includes a ride-through dinosaur diorama (not scary to my kids). When we get tired, we just stay on a couple of times around the park.

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,331 Reviews
Anaheim, CA