We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If your child is very small and looks very young will...

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
If your child is very small and looks very young will...

I have a friend who has booked a Disney vacation and has stated both of her girls to be 8 and 9 years old But in actuallity they are 10 and 11, Both girls are very small and would pass for these ages very easily But will she get caught? She has purchased hotel/tickets already based on the younger ages.

Does disney check any IDs or anything for the kids ages?

She is gonna be really sorry if she gets caught and has to buy new tickets...

so. cal
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

no disney does not check ids as long as it seems reasonable, been doing this for years..

Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

Really? I figured they'd get alot of people trying to pull the wool over their eyes so they would check for sure!! But I'm sure if they see a kid who looks to be older than their pass is for they will do something??? I mean what if you said your 5 year old was 2? lolol

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

They don't ask for id's although my dau is very large for her age, and they did ask how old she was, but didn't ask for proof.

If they are shorter they won't be able to go on some of the bigger rides, so are really only using the park the same way a 9 year old does.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

Lying to get cheaper prices.

What a great example to set for your kids...

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

I agree with lexigirl. Terrible example for the kids. It's also not fair that other families are paying the higher price for their 10 and 11 year olds and she is not.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

I am so pleased to see these last two posts! I was going to post something similar when I first read this, but figured I would get attacked by other posters. As an agent, we have to take peoples' word for things like this, when booking their packages, but it really aggrevates me. I had a friend that was a flight attendant and she had a mom bring this kid onboard that looked to be 7 or 8, but since this was in the "old days" birth certificates wern't asked for. The woman swore the child was under two, so my friend made her hold this very large child all the way across country.............. ;-)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

Thanks for the support, joannotoole and katD. You know, I hesitated to post my opinion, but, really, this kind of stuff really peeves me, too. If you want to pay lower prices, take your kids when you can be honest about it. It's no secret what the age limit is for adult pricing. IMO, this is just teaching your kids to lie, probably to YOU, someday soon. Maybe you can live with that, but I can't.

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

I thought the same thing as you. I figured someone is bound to tell me to mind my own business and that it's not a big deal. The shame of it all is that when people do lie and scam the system it ruins it for the honest ones. It's people like that who make companies including Disney take away the "children discounts" because the discount system was abused and that is what makes me angry.

San Francisco
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

I completely agree with those of you who find the notion of lying to get a "better deal" to be offensive. And we wonder why children grow up with no values.

Disney will ocassionally check. How embarrassing for her, and her children, if she's caught. And, all to save a few bucks.

If you can't afford to pay the posted rate, don't go.

Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If your child is very small and looks very young will...

So I just emailed my friend your posts and she now feels very bad, she didn't really consider that she was teaching her kids to lie or that she could ruin the discounted kids rates for others, she is contacting the website she booked through to fix the ages and ante up the difference in price. Thank you all for helping me to *gently* push her to do the *right thing*