We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

Just wondering.

Am I better off purchasing my tickets online from Disneyland? Or perhaps any other site that offers the tickets for the same price?

Does anyone know if there's any special incentive to buy the tickets in one place as opposed to the other? Or does it all just come down to price?

The only reason I ask is because I was originally going to purchase my tickets through disneyland.com and then I found the same deal on getawaytoday but it seemed to go into more detail (2 EE days whereas the Disney site didn't mention anything about it at all).

Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

Actually, the Disneyland site does say only one EE:

• Park Hopper® Bonus tickets include one Magic Morning admission for early entry into a designated theme park. A Magic Morning early entry admission allows access to a designated Disneyland® Resort theme park before the park opens to the general public. While not available daily, the feature will be available multiple times per week.

and the tickets that I want would total $368.

However, the getawaytoday page does say that you get two EE's but it costs $378 (that includes $10 handling and what not)

So really, which would everyone else choose??

spokane, wa
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

I will get my tickets through Disney for two reasons. One...they don't charge shipping or handling, and two...the tickets from Getaway are a voucher that you have to take to the ticket window to redeem. We stood in line to redeem our vouchers for 25 minutes once. I'd rather spend 25 minutes in the park.

As far as the early entry goes...for us, one early entry day is enough. It allows you entry into Fantasyland is all. We used our early entry day this last time to get on Nemo. For that, it was great. Other than that, we don't spend a lot of time in Fantasyland, so an extra early entry day would be no big deal. If you have little ones, and spend a lot of time in Fantasyland, then perhaps an extra early entry would be nice.

Cooma, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

Hi. I have bought my tickets from the Disneyland site and they charge USD $20 for airmail postage to a street address, not P.O. Box, and it took about 1 week from oredering to arrival. I thought it was worth it as if it got lost in the mail I might have a better chance at recovery if something went amiss.

The EE days are, I thought, for 1 day but if you are staying at a Disneyland hotel you may get more.

Anne

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

On the Disney site, you also have the option of choosing eticket for your delivery at no charge. You print off your tickets at home.

5. Re: Best place to buy Disneyland tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 09, 2009