We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

White City...
Level Contributor
369 posts
11 reviews
Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

My husband and I will be in Disneyland the second week in November for a quick trip. We will spend one day at CA, one full day at DL and on the last day ( November 9) we plan to visit Disneyland in the morning in order to see the holiday decorations and go on Its A Small World. We have rented a car and want to visit a beach in the afternoon then return to the park in the evening. We would appreciate suggestions for a beach that: is about a half hour to forty minute drive on a Friday afternoon from Candy Cane Inn , has a great beach for walking, is clean and beautiful. We do not wish to look in shops or museums, just want to be outside enjoying the California sunshine and sea air.

15 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
39,028 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

Go to Laguna Beach! 🏖

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,496 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

Respectfully, it would better to park hop on your first day. On your second day, if you want to go to the beach I think it's better to just go first, then return to go to Disneyland at night rather than squeezing it in between two Disneyland visits in one day. In my opinion.

The decorations in Disneyland are very nice during the day, beautiful at night, especially the castle.

It's a Small World Christmas version is just okay during the day compared to being totally fantastic during the night.

All beaches are clean. The closest are Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and Balboa Pier Beach. Newport and Balboa are very close to each other on a peninsula in Newport. There are piers at Balboa and Huntington.

Laguna Beach is a little further to get to. If you go there, don't go to Main Beach for what you want. There is Heisler Park Beach in Laguna for that.

No guarantees on sun, even that early in November.

Edited: 11:19 am, September 24, 2018
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
432 reviews
3. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

Laguna Beach is where you want to go. Main Beach is a wonderful beach and the main part of town with its shops, restaurants and galleries is right there.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,496 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

I read your post wrong and thought you only had two days, not three. I still recommend park hoppers. You will even get a bonus one hour early entry on one day for Disneyland's Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

The Christmas decorations will already be up before your third day, at both parks. You will see them before your third day.The very last thing to go in at Disneyland is the tree on Main Street in Town Square. It might actually arrive before your last day.

I am going to add abother beach suggestion. Corona Del Mar.

Edited: 11:33 am, September 24, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,570 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

Laguna Beach... would be my pick too. Its about a 45 min drive.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
189 reviews
6. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

I recommend Huntington Beach, 30 minutes from your location. It has the widest most accessible beach (8.5 miles of beach), easy parking, beach concessions where you can rent beach chairs, bikes, carriages, etc, restrooms and showers. Laguna Beach has no rental concessions. Laguna's beach are much smaller. There is Main Beach (about a block long) and several pocket cove beaches. Laguna is known for its restaurants, shops, galleries and art museum. You might check out the cities' visitor web sites to see which location best meets your wishes: https:/… https:/…

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
813 posts
88 reviews
7. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

I just wanted to mention that leaving any OC beach and heading towards Anaheim on Friday afternoon needs to be carefully timed to miss traffic (or take lots of patience). Anytime between 3 and 7 is pretty miserable. But if you can head back to the hotel after a nice dinner at the beach, you'll spend a lot less time sitting on the freeway.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
432 reviews
8. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

>>>Anytime between 3 and 7 is pretty miserable.<<<

Seems more like 2pm to 7PM on Fridays, 3-7, M-Th.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

I'd go for Seal Beach... it's easy to get to, it's a big wide sand strand, and when you're done there's three blocks of downtown cafes and shops and bars to go to. I like Laguna Beach too but there's no way that's 45 minutes from Anaheim on a Friday afternoon.

White City...
Level Contributor
369 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland

Thanks, I will check out Seal Beach and Huntington Beach online( we were at HB many years ago) but it sounds like what we are looking for. Great advice about traffic as well.

Reply to: Beach recommendations close proximity to Disneyland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted