We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one? Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson, Best Western or...

Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Which one? Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson, Best Western or...

Family with 3 kids: May 21~5ntes: Hi I have taken all your comments on the above properties and although most feel the Holiday Inn at the Park is aweful, I haven't quite ruled it out, YET?

The other properties not in any order are Hol Inn Resort, Best Western Raffles, Howard Johnson closest one to DL or Candy Cane Inn: I would prefer a kids suite which I realise Howard J and Candy Cane don't have, but would really appreciate your input, of course if you think ALL are aweful, do tell, I need to book asap! PS We are also trvling with family of 4 we are 5!

thks so much,

Kris, NSW Australia!! PS I use to be a Travel agent and viewed a couple of properties in DL yearsss ago, all I can say is we viewed the relatively new Tropicanna Inn....well I need something better than this, sorry but it is rather average!

Invermere BC
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one? Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson, Best Western or...

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in March of this year. I stayed with my Mom and my two boys. This hotel is at the end of the strip but is very close to the Disneyland Main Gate. The nice thing about it was it was a bit more secluded than the other hotels, has two large pools, a small arcade and gift store which has alot of stuff and the gardens are nice also, not just a concrete parking lot which many of the other hotels consist of. We had a room off the freeway and it was great. Very clean hotel, great staff, convenient to the parks, great restaurant called Mimi's right across the street, a bus that will pick you up right outside if you don't want to walk to the parks for a small fee, the walk to the parks is only about 10 minutes. You can cross the main road right near the hotel to walk to the Disneyland main gate which is not as congested as further down the strip. You can hear the freeway but it isn't bothersome, we barely noticed it. I highly recommend Howard Johnson, if we can ever return to Anaheim we will only stay here. We were very pleased with our stay. Whatever you decide, have a great time! The rooms also have a small fridge but no microwave.

BCanadian

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one? Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson, Best Western or...

For what it's worth my vote is for the Candy Cane Inn. I have been very pleased with my stays in this hotel. Hotel staff is great, location is wonderful, rooms are nice.

People here swear by the Howard Johnson. My own experience was not great and with so many other good hotels around, I will not be back there. The freeway noise is bad--perhaps the last reviewer did not have a room that was up against it as I did.

BW Raffles for me was really noisy. Granted these hotels are catering towards families, but when you have kids running up and down the halls at 2:00am and management refuses to say anything--well enough said.

I stayed in a suite in the Holiday Inn at the Park and was pleased with our stay there. I know that I probably just confused you further!!!! From my perspective I would stay first at the Candy Cane Inn or Holiday Inn.

lincoln, ca
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one? Holiday Inn, Howard Johnson, Best Western or...

My husband and I have been to disneyland 27 times in the past 10 yeats, so I have been to most of the hotels around the park. When we take our kids (girls, 5,3 & 1) we stay at the best western park place or the anaheim desert inn. They are both right across from the main crosswalk to get to the parks. I prefer the best western but it usually books faster. All of the rooms at BW have a ref & micro and it is a little quieter than the desert inn. How old are the kids?