We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding Knott's Security Check

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question regarding Knott's Security Check

I have a question for those who have been to Knott's in the past few months.

I am going to Knott's Merry Farm this coming Saturday, December 16th. I haven't been since they installed the security checks. I have seen a photo and have an idea of what they look like. It seems like they need to be entered prior to going to the ticket booths.

I am wondering what time they open security and if it causes a back up at the ticket booths.

Also, is re-entry still in the same spot and is it as easy to get through there as it has been in the past? I will be goig in at opening, seeing the saloon show and then exiting soon after for lunch. I'm so used to being able to hurry on back into the park after lunch to get to my next show that I really hope to avoid the delay of going through the main security.

By the way, the reason for buying my ticket there is I am going solo and don't want pay the extra $5.99 for my senior ticket on line since that type of ticket has no discount. It is tempting to buy on line, though.

6 replies to this topic
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

Bumping - hoping for an answer.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

The security station was outside the ticket booths, coming from parking after the shops and restaurants (just after the last shop before the gates). The set up for security is similar to Disney but more people are selected to be wanded and more thoroughly searched, at least in my opinion. I didn't leave, but believe re-entry would be required to go though again based on the way it is set up.

Hope that helps!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

Thank you for replying. It sounds like I might need to worry during lunch if I can make it in time for the next show. Darn. It used to be fun just running up to re-entry and flipping open my backpack for a quick inspection, then running off to the next thing on my agenda.

Well, I appreciate your answering. I sometimes find it difficult to get an answer to my question when I call the park.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

You are welcome. I went last during Scary Farm and lines were quick. I wasn't "patted down" but I saw many others who were.

Have fun!!!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

Thanks! I will!

I imagine they are a bit more careful during Scary Farm than Merry Farm. I have been wanded there before, I think it was the summer after the San Bernardino shooting. I remember it was really hot and the worker had sweat on his forehead. I felt for him. Everyone was wanded that day, even little kids. It was a pretty easy experience but it sure is a different world than the one I grew up in. It was a simpler time...

Edited: 11:47 pm, December 13, 2017
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question regarding Knott's Security Check

Just posting back to report that when I went to Knott's Saturday and I exited with a hand stamp to go to lunch, a nice employee told that me thar while I need that hand stamp for re-entry that point is no longer used for re-entry, just for exit. Also you need to show your ticket(s) again as well as the hand stamp. I had my ticket on my phone and think it's easier to print and carry in your pocket IF you plan to leave and return.

Security is pretty easy but hard to see all the lines so you don't know if you are in the shortest. I really don't like it. There isnt much room. Will post more in a separate thread.

Edited: 2:13 pm, December 18, 2017
Reply to: Question regarding Knott's Security Check
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted