We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candy Cane Inn

westport ct
6 posts
Save Topic
Candy Cane Inn

We are going to Disneyland in April. All Disney is sold out. Candy Cane Inn vs. Anabella. Any suggestions. We are open to other hotels ...we just would like them within short walking distance of the parks. Clean nice hotels.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Haven't stayed at Anabella, but we stayed at Candy Cane last Christmas and I would highly recommend it.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Another good choice is the Howard Johnson's on Harbor.

FYI, the walking distance from the Candy Cane Inn, HoJo's and the Paradise Pier are all the same, about 6/10th of a mile from the front lobby to the Main Entrance of the parks.

Devon, Alberta...
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candy Cane Inn

We stayed at the CCI over Christmas/New Years and absolutly loved it. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms clean. My children enjoyed the pool and the free continental breakfast saved us a lot of time and money.

Although the CCI is walking distance the dedicated shuttle was great after a long day at the parks. The drivers were friendly and it ran every half hour.

Have a great trip.

Vancouver bc
Level Contributor
331 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candy Cane Inn

We stayed at the Sheraton Park and it is two hotels away from the Candy Cane. I would highly recommend the hotel. Very nice rooms and close too. Not as close as the Maingate hotels.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,110 posts
6,099 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candy Cane Inn

Candy Cane Inn is nice....the swimming pool is small (but you're at the parks all day.). The continental breakfasts are a good way to get going each morning - lots of food; nice to be outside and enjoy the sun by the pool. The shuttle goes often and is very courteous driver. The rooms are quiet. They are quite fine for a stay by the park...pricewise and room wise they are a good deal. If you are looking for luxury, not the place...but you'll most likely just be sleeping or resting up there and the place is perfect for that. Clean, courteous check-in, etc.

Level Contributor
414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Candy Cane Inn

We stayed at the Anabella 3 years ago. The grounds are well kept, pool is great and rooms are nice. It is however not as close to Disney as they say. Yes, it is right across the street but NOT on the side where there is an entrance. The walk to the main entrance is very far so we took the shuttle most of the time. I think it was $3 per person. We did however, walk up to the Grand Californian and go in that way thru downtown Disney a couple of times. Still a fair walk. Friends stayed at the Candy Cane last year and loved it. I would recommend it over the Anabella. We are going in August again and planning on staying at the Candy Cane.

Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Candy Cane Inn

I haven’t stayed at the Anabella but I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn this last December. I would definitely recommend it. They staff was extremely nice and accommodating, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was decent. A big perk was the exclusive hotel shuttle….it ran every 30 minutes and doesn’t make any other stops, so it’s a quick trip. It seemed like it wouldn’t be too bad of a walk, either, but with a little one we decided to save her walking energy for the park.

8. Re: Candy Cane Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 28, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question