We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

Earlier today I was watching a video of this year's first Mickey Halloween Party and something occurred to me. I know once the party begins the ride operators turn those not wearing the party wrist bands away and regular guests are asked to leave the park, but maybe there are a few people who don't leave and don't go on rides or go to treat trails but hang out for the parade, fireworks, and shows. I am just curious how can they get all the regular guests out?

I don't want to do this and am not encouraging it, but just wondered.

Also, curious if someone starts to buy a meal at say 5:45 are they told they need to finish by 6 when a party will start?Seems like there would be some overlap at least for a while after a party starts.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,493 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

There is actually not much of any overlap at all now.

And some were doing just what you have said, and trying to stay within the park without a party ticket in past years.

Along with not letting anyone in line without that wristband, they also have Castmembers walking through the Park checking wrist bands to make sure only people that have them are within the Park. As far as sit down restaurants go, they don't do regular reservations past a certain time for regular guests on Party nights.

Edited: 10:56 pm, September 21, 2017
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

Thanks for answering happy. I think I remember that you have gone to a party, so you should know.

It seems like a lot of people to go through and check. I suppose maybe if they notice someone or a group not getting on rides and going through treat trails for a long time that could rouse suspicion. It's just hard to imagine a cast member going up to someone sitting on a bench or taking a photo and saying, "Let me see your wrist band?"

Edited: 11:07 pm, September 21, 2017
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

I just realized the CM could be very polite, "Did you get your bag and your wrist band when you came into the party?" Most people would get scared enough by that to leave.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,493 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

They do just that for quite a while after the party time starts you will see quite a few Cast members walking through asking to see those wrist bands. I have been to quite a few Party nights, and been asked alot of times to show my wrist band

It's also announced at least a few times the park is closing for the party.

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
629 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

There are cast members at the entrance to each land asking to see wristbands, at rides, character meets, treat trails and your asked before making purchases.

The cast members are polite but anyone who is there without a wristband knows they are not supposed to be there.

I’ve seen rude behavior from those being asked to leave saying it’s not fair etc!

6. Re: Curious question regarding Mickey's Halloween Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 24, 2018