We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to Los Angeles

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
392 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Anaheim to Los Angeles

Hi

Does anyone know how easy (or hard) it is to get to Hollywood / LA from Anaheim by public transport?

Southern CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

rickwal,

Yep it can be done. It would likely involve a bus ride to the Anaheim Amtrak Train Station which would bring you to Union Station where you could board the Red Line subway to Hollywood. It might cost you about $10.00 US.

This link might prove helpful:

http://socaltransport.org/

Scotland - UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

Hi Rickwal

When are you going & where are you staying? I notice your also from the UK as I've asked similar questions on this forum, regarding traveling to Holly from Anaheim, I got the following helpful advice:

'Either take a taxi to Anaheim train station, or take OCTA Bus #43 North to the Fullerton train station. You can then take either Amtrak or Metrolink to L.A. Union station (Metrolink is cheaper, but less frequent), and transfer to the Metro Red Line subway that will take you to Hollywood Blvd and then Universal Studios'

I'm leaving for Anaheim in 8 weeks for a week then off to Las Vegas for a week, if I'm back before you leave I can update you with any tips or advice for your trip.

Karen

Wales
Level Contributor
402 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

We have just returned from Anaheim yesterday and we took the metro bus no 460 the stand of which is just outside the Disney entrance to Downtown LAThe buses come every 20 minutes and cost around $3 to go anywhere in Orange County but the also go to LA. The cheapest way to travel. A shuttle or taxi would cost around $15 each foryou each way.

ny
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

Hi Carol, were you able to bring your luggage on the metro easily? I am thinking of renting a car to drive back to LAX just so I'll have a place to store my luggage after I check out of the hotel while spending the day at disney

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
392 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

KW001

Thanks for your response, not travelling til the end of the year but like to make sure I know everything about a place before I travel, any tips you can pass back to me would be great.

Thanks to evryone else too.

R

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

If it���s a day trip, set aside two 1/2 hours plus each way for transfers to/from Hollywood. It���s possible to travel by transit but you���re talking 42.5 miles or 68 K���s through some of the most uncooperative traffic plus rail transfers. By taxi or car service it���s less than an hour if you have someone who knows how to utilize the car pool lanes. If you���re hauling luggage, unless you���re geared for the ���Amazing Race���, get a car service transfer in Anaheim. They���re slightly more than taxi & offer flat rates to Hollywood. Taxi meters can click out-of control in LA when traveling during peak traffic periods.

Scotland - UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

Hi R

I'll update this post with as much info as I can for you on my return - only 6 & half weeks to go!!

Karen

newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

just a reply to carol , could you verify 15 dollars on a taxi from anaheim to hollywood as i have heard about 50 60 dollars on other forum....if so i find that quite reasonable...I;m going to sheraton anaheim for 2 nights in july this year and then straight to renaissance for another 2 nights...

Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anaheim to Los Angeles

Geordieboy,

It would definitely be much more expensive than $15 to take a cab/taxi from Anaheim to Hollywood. The cab fares are around $3.20 for the 1st 1/8 of a mile then around 45c per 1/8 mile.

It cost us $15 just to travel 1 & 1/2 miles to the Walmart on Euclid St from Katella Ave. I would anticipate a cab to Hollywood (taking into account the traffic, which can be pretty bad to be in excess of $100).

There are plenty of shuttles or tours that go to Hollywood from Anaheim, your hotel should be able to give you some suggestions.