We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs in the Park

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs in the Park

I was wondering if there are lots of ATMs located within the park. How much do they charge you to withdraw cash? What is the exchange rate if you have Canadian funds? Do most of the stores/stands etc. accept debit cards? I'd rather not have a lot of money on me, and being able to use my card would be very helpful.

Thanks

BC
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs in the Park

Canadian debit cards do not work in stores in the US. The only way to use them is at ATM's. The charges depend on your bank and the ATM itself has it's own charges. The exchange rate varies at different places, however many US stores do not accept Canadian currency. Perhaps an alternative would be to use a credit card, or purchase US travellers cheques before you leave home along with some US cash. Sometimes the airports have good rates.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs in the Park

There are quite a few ATM's throughout both Disneyland and California Adventure parks (12 to be exact, according to the web-site map) and all the shops take Debit Cards with the Visa or M/C logo. I can't remember if they took Star type ATM cards without the logos, as my card does have the Visa Logo, which I used extensively while I was there last July. You might want to keep a small amount of cash on hand for the snack vendors, etc. The sit-down resturants will also take the Visa or M/C logo'd ATM cards. I don't recall the fee for using the ATM machines, I think it was about $2.50 per transaction, but I really don't remember exactly. As for the exchange rate, I looked it up as currently being $1.21 Canadian to $1.00 US.

Hope that this helps!

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs in the Park

Okay, thank you both for your help. I'm glad that I now know what to expect, and I won't get stuck in a sticky situation. Thanks for everything!

California
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs in the Park

The ATMs inside the park are operated by BankOne, so on top of the hefty currency exchange fee, youll also be charged whatever it costs to use their ATM machine.

If you can, hold out on using the card to get ATM money, instead, when you go to a restaurant, have them charge the card as "credit" instead of "debit".

Make sure your debit card has a VISA/Mastercard logo on it in order to use this feature. When you do end up using this feature, the money will still be deducted from your checking account, however, you won't have to worry about a exchange fee as large as if you got the money from the ATM machine.

MouseFlyer

www.mouseflyer.com/Forum/index.php