We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Seattle to Lander tomorrow...

NYC
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving from Seattle to Lander tomorrow...

Hi Wyomites (?),

I am heading out to Lander for a NOLS course tomorrow and wondering if anyone has an opinion about best route? I could take I-90 through Idaho and Montana and then down 120 to Lander... but the cams make 120 look pretty icy.

Alternatively the low road is I-82 in OR to 84 in Idaho. Eventually, I would end up on 189 and 28... but these routes look pretty icy.

I'd prefer the high road just for Montana, but it seems obvious to take the southerly road in winter?

I don't know.

Any opinions? I'm in a 4 cylinder toyota pickup.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Seattle to Lander tomorrow...

We put weight in the back of our pickup- for us it's plastic tubs filled with gravel & rocks, others buy sandbags, but any weight will do.

Check the highway conditions this morning.

Drive carefully!

2. Re: Driving from Seattle to Lander tomorrow...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 03, 2014