We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maute Lake area accomodations?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
201 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Maute Lake area accomodations?

Members of our family are planning a camping vacation at the Maute Lake Recreation area. We would like to join them but we do not want to camp. Are there cabin rentals or motels nearby? It is just my wife and I. I have not found anything yet in my research. Thanks.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maute Lake area accomodations?

There are plenty of places within a half hour drive. Use Google Maps and look in Lomira or Kewaskum or Campbellsport. There are more places a little further away in West Bend.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maute Lake area accomodations?

It's hard to find a comprehensive list of cabin rentals. I did find this one which is close . wisvacations.com/hoeftsresort/cottages.html

I googled the search phrase "kettle moraine area cabin rentals" and got quite a number of hits.

Campbellsport would be closest for motels and then Kewaskum. Plymouth is a really nice small town with some good accommodations, but it's probably close to a 1/2 hour drive from Mauthe Lake. Although the drive would mainly be thru the State forest area, so it is scenic.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maute Lake area accomodations?

Mauthe Lake isn't the type of area to have cabin rentals, some areas in Wisconsin. It's more of the camping or spend-a-couple-of-hours-there place. Any of those communities nearby would work Or if you're interested in a more vacation feel with a 30-45 minutes drive to visit them, even Elkhart Lake, Port Washington or Sheboygan would be good options. You'll have some nicer accommodation, restaurants and activities there.

Believe me, I understand. I love the outdoors and hiking in the Kettle Moraine area, but stay in hotels when we're traveling. Do you want to be really close to them or would you consider the longer drive? There's really not much around Mauthe Lake.

4. Re: Maute Lake area accomodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 31, 2014