We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall color this week

chicago
Level Contributor
8,287 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
fall color this week

anywhere to see fall colors in southern wisconsin this week?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fall color this week

Not yet. www.travelwisconsin.com/fall-color-report .

I was just up around Horicon/Beaver Dam and while the map says they are around 25%, it didn't look that way to me on Friday.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fall color this week

Here in Madison we only have the first hints of color. Some of the neighborhood maples are starting to change, and so are some vines and sumacs and the occasional leaf on an oak tree.

My husband says the Curtis prairie area of the UW Arboretum has a lot of sumacs that are changing and are lovely.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
426 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fall color this week

Just went up to Rhinelander yesterday. They are at about 50% of peak up there due to 2 frosts. Granite Peak near Wausau is about 35%. As we progressed south on 39/90, noticed that colors have barely started turning. So unless you want to go far north, colors are not that great around here.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,287 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fall color this week

Thanks! Looks like ill have to reschedule

Where are some good spots to view in southern WI?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
451 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fall color this week

I don't know if you would consider these suggestions southern or more central Wisconsin, but I personally love fall in Devil's Lake State park (near Baraboo). Indian Lake county park is also fantastic (and free) and is between Madison and Baraboo. I would also consider New Glarus Woods state park.

The UW Arboretum in Madison is also a great place for more urban viewing. Not only are there tons of trees, there are also tons of turkeys!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,287 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fall color this week

Thanks! Those are all good locations, just trying to keep it under three hours from Chicago

7. Re: fall color this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, October 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin