We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap motel between marquette and duluth

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
cheap motel between marquette and duluth

My family(husband and 3 young children) and I are driving from Sudbury, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba. We are going through the states and plan to stop a night somewhere between Marquette and Duluth. Looking for a little help in finding a a nice clean, cheap ($100 or less) motel/hotel to stay in for the night. Thank-you in advance.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap motel between marquette and duluth

Maybe the Regal Country Inn in Wakefield it's a midway point where Hwy. 2 becomes 28. You'll have to call direct or plug in your dates to see if the rates may work.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
454 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap motel between marquette and duluth

I highly recommend the River Rock Inn and Bait Shop in Ashland. We stayed there last Labor Day weekend and it was so nice, spacious and clean. It is right across the street from Lake Superior and just down the street from multiple parks and places to walk. We stayed at the Americinn on a previous trip but it was dirty, expensive, continental breakfast room so small and crowded and kids running up and down the hall all day and night. (my own kids were even irritated by the constant noise)

You do not get a continental breakfast but they do have some rooms with a kitchen and you can make your own. Believe me when I say that motels/hotels between Marquette and Ashland are sparse. The trip to Duluth from Ashland is a little more than an hour.

3. Re: cheap motel between marquette and duluth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 03, 2014