We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whitewater rafting in wisconsin

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
whitewater rafting in wisconsin

I am looking for a review or opinions on the whitewater rafting trips on either the Wolf, Peshtigo or Menomonee Rivers or any other good river to whitewater raft. I am looking for Class IV rapids, although Class III would do, if there are some Class IV along with it. Please advise best runs, best rafting companies to go with or places to stay. I would be traveling with a group of 10-20 people.

thank you

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: whitewater rafting in wisconsin

I've done the Menominee River around Iron Mt. Michigan, and it's great. You'll be hard pressed to find much class IV, but there are a few along the way.

Pulaski
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: whitewater rafting in wisconsin

Check out www.shawanocountry.com for rafting on the Wolf near Shawano.

I know it is good when there is high water but am not expierenced in rafting.

Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: whitewater rafting in wisconsin

Check out www.kosirs.com. They run the Peshtigo and Menominee rivers, which I prefer to the Wolf. The Wolf is OK but it has too much calm water (miles of it) between the rapids. The Menominee is bigger water but I like the Peshtigo best. and if the water is low they have the 1-person funyaks which are awesome! It would be best to try both rivers your first time up because they are so different from on another. Also if you don���t mind the cold the Peshtigo is unbelievable in spring.

Shawano, WI
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: whitewater rafting in wisconsin

I would personally recommend Shotgun Eddy's (http://www.shotguneddy.com/). They have several class 3 & 4 trips to choose from.

Dave