We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach/hotel for kids

chicago, il
1 post
Save Topic
beach/hotel for kids

We are looking for a place to go to in wisconsin for the weekend - we have 3 kids who are 4 years old and under. Anyone know of a place to stay (besides the Dells) where there is kid friendly stuff to do?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
471 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach/hotel for kids

A real fun place to go is Green Bay. They have an awesome park called Bay Beach Park which has amusement park rides which are about $.50/ea to ride (even little kiddie rides). There is quite a few rides there. I do think that there are places to swim there also. There is a nice place to stay called Tundra Bay Lodge which is located next to Lambeau Field. We have stayed there once and it is nice. It has a indoor waterpark as well as some outdoor pools. There is a real nice historical park called Heritage Park which has a historical village where staff wear garb from that historical time. My little troupers love to run around and just look. They get tired just from running. You could also drive up to Door County and take in some sights there. I do think that Door County would be quite expensive (lodging wise) this weekend but there is plenty of parks, hiking, and swimming if you want to go. I hope this helps.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach/hotel for kids

Sheboygan has a nice, newer resort/water park called Blue Harbor. I've only been there for a meeting but it looks very nice. If the weather's good, you wouldn't be far from Kohler-Andre State Park. They have a fantastic beach on Lake Michigan.

mall of america, mn
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beach/hotel for kids

in plover--rainbow falls. good water park nicely priced and nice area of Wis. by stevens point. www. rainbowfamily.com i think is thier web site. Although if you go to the dells stop in at Earthbound and say hi to my daughter who works there--aryn. :)

Marshfield, WI
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: beach/hotel for kids

You could go to The Lodge at Cedar Creek just outside of Wausau. It's a huge hotel and they have a really nice indoor waterpark. There is also a game room and food stand right outside the water park. I took my 2 year old niece there and she absolutely loved it. Perfect for little kids.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
647 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach/hotel for kids

griswald63,

Just a heads up on Rainbow Falls in Plover. They went out of business several years ago, so if someone is looking for a water park attraction for their children it's either the Dells or Wausau for right now.

Plans are in the works here in Plover to construct a huge new waterpark and convention facility. But, that will probably be several years before it's up and running.

But you're right...Plover and Stevens Point are a very nice area of Wisconsin. Growth in Plover is booming!