We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Topic
Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

Greetings -

I am looking for a pet friendly rustic cabin rental in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area. Rustic can include no running water, no electricity, but needs to have a heat source (preferably wood stove). It does not HAVE to be that rustic, but I'm NOT looking for luxuries and amenities like tv or wifi or hot tubs. Anyone have any ideas?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

There are lots of options on www.vrbo.com. Should have what you are looking for.

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

Thanks, but checked there. Most everything is super modern that I have seen. I have also checked homeaway, Airbnb, and flip key, as well as several rental property conglomerates, which is why I turned to the forums. Hoping there is a hidden gem I haven't seen or overlooked. :-)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

Ohhh....ok, I'll keep looking! :)

Waynesville,NC
Level Contributor
355 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

Check and see if the cabins at Black Water Falls State Park are open during the winter. The older ones are quite rustic and the setting is lovely. Vrbo has a place near Elkins called Oak Mtn. Hollow that is more modern, but still rustic and very secluded.

5. Re: Rustic Cabin in the Dolly Sods/Canaan Valley/Davis area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 07, 2014