We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Virginia: Skyline Drive and Cavern

Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Virginia: Skyline Drive and Cavern

Hello,

We are planning a short family trip to VA. I am trying to find something to do that will be interesting for kids (ages 12,8,2). I reviewed the list of all caverns in the are and not sure which one would be better to visit. I was looking at Skyline cavern, but only because it is closer to our goal destination. Are any of those caverns have underground boat ride?

As far as Skyline Drive, I've heard that the scenery is beautiful, but I am concerned if kids would be interested in just watching. My 2 y.o would not be able to hike, at least not for a long time. What else is there to do in Shenandoah National Park?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Virginia: Skyline Drive and Cavern

This is West Virginia information. You would get better answers on the Virginia board.

Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Virginia: Skyline Drive and Cavern

ok, thanks. I just did :)

3. Re: Trip to Virginia: Skyline Drive and Cavern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 04, 2014