We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bear Lake anyone?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Big Bear Lake anyone?

Has anyone rented a cabin here? Are there "things to do" with 3 very young children? We enjoy hiking and swimming and just being in the dirt. I've having a rough time finding any reviews of the place but a friend of a friend stayed in a cabin there and said it was great. Thanks!

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

Big Bear Lake is a privately owned campground in Preston County, near Bruceton Mills. I was unaware that there were rentals available. Many people in Morgantown have campers and campsites there. I've never been there, but believe they have a pool and a fishing pond. Can't really tell you much more about it, since it is private and I've never been there.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

Their website shows they have overnight camping at "beaver creek village." Decent looking cabins for $70. But I hate to stay somewhere without a tripadvisor Rec!

New Cumberland...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

Did you visit yet? I have the same question and just wondered if you stayed so you can give us all the answer you found...how was it?

WV
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

I recently purchased a camp there. It's a great family spot. I went there a lot as a teenager, to a family friends camp. There are many things to do at Big Bear. There are 2 lakes, Big Bear and Baby Bear. You can fish and swim at both. There is a new water park. They also have basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts. There is a hiker/biker trail though I can't really tell you about any of that. They also have dances on Saturday nights. You can have a fun filled vacation here, or a laid back one. It is all up to you. You can call the business office to ask questions specifically about the rentals, they are really friendly and helpful. I can't help on the aspect of what the rental experience is like, but if it's anything like owning a camp there, I think you are sure to have a great time.

Wheeling, WV
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

I stayed in the cabins a number of years ago and they were fine if you are expecting bunk house style living. Showers & toilets a couple of minute walk that everyone shares on the road that has the cabins & tent camping.

Bring your own toilet paper. They give you rolls when you check in and do not stock the showerhouses for some reason. What they give you is low quality if you care about such things.

There were skunks in the woods so watch out for your little ones. Although I am sure they agitated the critter, some teen agers got sprayed and it didn't matter how much showering they did, you could smell them a ways off.

Also, Deep Creek Lake is a close drive away in Maryland, there are activities for the young ones there if you need it.

6. Re: Big Bear Lake anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 28, 2013