We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation (with pool)

london
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Family vacation (with pool)

We have two children (aged 4 and 6) are looking for a resonably priced destination where we can rent a villa.

We are looking for good weather, activities for the children, family friendly restaurants and things to do as a family.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Shadyside Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation (with pool)

Hi,

You may be interested in Pipestem Resort in the Southern Part of WV. It's a great State Park that is away from it all. Has a great lodge with a great restaurant....indoor and outdoor pools, game room, naturalist programs, hayrides, small lake for pedal boats, nice cottages, golf course, playground, tram ride down the mountain, outdoor amplitheratre, tennis, nearby craft shops and restaurants. We went there for a week when my daughter was 4 years old. She still talks about it. Near to Blue Stone lake and State Park and the Beckley exhibition coal mine tour. Neat!

Also in Wheeling WV there is Oglebay Park. They too have a great lodge, indoor, outdoor pools, cabins, restaurant, pub, tennis, day camps, lake for pedal boating and fishing, putt-putt, a small zoo called "the Good Zoo" with playground and train ride through the zoo.....train exhibit, outdoor amplithetre for special performances during the nice months, tennis,craft shops, and large and small cabins. I'm sure I'm forgetting specifics about each park but if you are looking for a family-oriented vacation that is fun and relaxing both parks are great! Pipestem is in the Southern part of WV and Oglebay Park is in the Northenr Panhandle...about 1 1/2 hour drive from Pittsburgh PA.

Hope I have helped. Enjoy whatever you plan to do on your next vacation!

God Bless! Kim Heller

Mentioned in this post
Pipestem
Pipestem
West Virginia
Beckley
Beckley
West Virginia
Wheeling
Wheeling
West Virginia
Oglebay Park
Oglebay Park
676 Reviews
Wheeling, WV
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation (with pool)

Another possibility would be Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Billed as a ski resort but offers many spring and summer activities.

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/index.htm

Mentioned in this post
Snowshoe Mountain Resort
Snowshoe Mountain Resort
610 Reviews
Snowshoe, WV
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family vacation (with pool)

I totally agreee with Snowshoe!! We go there every summer for the Chili Cookoff. (in mid-July) So much fun!! They have a great pool, biking, hiking

paddle boats, horsebackriding and lots more.

Check out their website www.snowshoemtn.com

You can also find condo's at Snowshoe by going to www.vrbo.com

and clicking on Snowshoe, WV.

Have fun!!

Mentioned in this post
Snowshoe
Snowshoe
West Virginia