We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

I want to take a bus tour of DC at night in April. Any recomendations. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Capitol, according to their website, these tours buses stop there. Any recomendations? I am a mother traveling with 2 boys 15 and 11. Thanks for the help.

Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Washington State
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

oops sorry about double post

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

My wife and I were in DC last summer and it is hot and muggy. We took the tourmobile and enjoyed it very much. You can buy a one or two day ticket. If you buy the the 2 day you get a better price for the second day. We liked it because you can get on and off when you want. The have a set route and you can get off and stay as long as you want at a location. When you are ready to go simply go to the pick up location and a trolly will be along in 20 minutes or less. As you are travelling the host of the tourmobile will explain what you are seeing. They are very knowledgable and helpful if you have any other questions. On those warm days you will enjoy the breeze as you are in the open air trolly. Tickets for the tour mobile can be purchased at a small booth just east of the Washington Monument. I thought it was some of the best money we had spent. Best Wishes.

Washington State
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

Thank you so much for your responce Bobsyouruncle. It does sound like a good deal. I really appreciate your input.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

The Tourmobile tour is very good for hop on/hop off. You can add Arlington Cemetery as well, which is a good deal.

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which Tour bus - DC tours or Greyline?

Is the tourmobile the same as the old trolley?