We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

NJ
Level Contributor
600 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

How long of a drive is it from DC to Williamsburg, VA?

Mentioned in this post
Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

Just about 2.5 hours, w/out traffic.

miami
Level Contributor
407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

Happytraveler2006,

I am also considering combining a trip to DC with a trip to Williamsburg. I would be interested in getting an idea of your three day itinery for Washington, if possible. In Williamsburg I wanted to go to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. Ant suggestions of what else to do?

Mentioned in this post
Colonial Williamsburg
Colonial Williamsburg
10,575 Reviews
Williamsburg, VA
NJ
Level Contributor
600 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

emarismom

I don't have an itinerary planned yet but these are the things we definitely want to fit into our DC portion

Smithsonian

Capital building

Air/ space museum

Bureau of engraving (think the kids will get a kick on seeing this)

Monuments - Lincoln, etc

We are going to incorporate some of the sites in the National Treasure's movie since my kids love the movie and are interested in the sights shown/ talked about

Williamsburg we are going to visit the villages, Jametown, etc and Busch Gardens

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
570 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

In Williamsburg I recommend a show at the Kimball Theater. It's right outside the historic area so if you don't have a Historic Williamsburg ticket, you can still get in. The tickets for the theater are cheap, like a movie ticket. I saw an 18th century comedy. The plays here are interactive, so you have a really fun time. They're not too long, either.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: How far to drive from DC to Williamsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, August 24, 2009