We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

NY
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

Arriving Friday for the marathon in DC. As we are staying in the Hyatt Arlington can anyone recommend a restaurant for dinner?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

Not knowing what kind of food you like or what price range you're looking at, here are some suggestions for restaurants in Rosslyn:

Cafe Asia (www.cafeasia.com)

Guajillo (www.guajillogrill.com

Tivoli (www.tivolirestaurant.com)

Village Bistro (www.villagebistro.com) --actually this is nearer to the Courthouse Metro station, 1 stop away but a doable walk

And I very reluctantly mention the following restaurant as the food quality is inconsistent:

Red Hot and Blue (www.redhotandblue.com)

There is always Ray's the Steaks which is between Rosslyn and Courthouse, 1725 Wilson Blvd.--no website, no reservations and long waits but they say the steak is superb.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

There are lots of restaurants in the Crystal City/Pentagon City area of Arlingon.

GOOD LUCK and safe marathoning!!

There are 4 "areas" for dining in Crystal City/Pentagon City.

1. Crystal City Proper

This includes the Underground (most not open post 6pm and weekends) and Crystal Drive. Crystal Drive has undergone a nice transformation recently and has opened a bunch of great restaurants that are open on weekends and nights. Some include McCormick and Schmicks (seafood), Oyemel (Tapas), Baileys (Sports - good for kids), Ruth Chris (steak and overlooks National Airport), Charlie Chiangs (Chinese - good for kids), Legal Seafood (yup -- good guess - seafood). There are others, but these are the ones I can think off of the top of my head.

2. 23rd Street Crystal City

On 23rd Street in Crystal City there are a BUNCH of restaurants. This street is affectionately known as “Restaurant Row”. LOTS of ethnic restaurants. Some faves include Bonsai Grill (sushi – GREAT people), Crystal City Sports Pub (Sports Illustrated top 20 best sports bar, GREAT wings, good for kids believe it or not as there is a kids menu and the food is good but not too expensive), Café Italia (best of the three Italian restaurants)Tutto Italino (less upscale than Cafe and better for kids with more pizza and subs on the menu). There are a bunch of others to meet anyone’s taste.

3. Pentagon City Mall/Centre

There is a great Mall in Pentagon City – just blocks from Crystal City. To give you some context, I live one block from Pentagon City Mall and 3 blocks from Crystal City – all EASY walks. The mall has typical mall food fare including a food court and a few sit down chain restaurants. Pentagon Centre Mall – across the street has a Mexican chain (cannot remember the name), Starbucks, and California Pizza Kitchen - all good for kids. In Pentagon City Mall there is a food court and a Johnny Rockets (50’s style hamburger place) and Ruby Tuesdays.

4. Pentagon Row

A relatively new area (past 1 ½ years) is called Pentagon Row. This is on the other side of Pentagon City Mall. This is a favorite area of mine. In the winter they build an ice skating rink. Year round there are some GREAT restaurants. Faves include Asia Bistro (Japanese fusion and sushi), Lebanese Taverna (Lebanese), Sine (Irish – pronounced Sha Nay), Noodles (chain noodles etc), and Champps (Sports - good for kids)There are others that I just have not tried.

NY
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

Thanks! We eat EVERYTHING! (We're the spectators for our son's race!) Will check these out!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

By the way, Oyamel has left Crystal City for a move to downtown DC early next year. But their space has been taken over by Bebo Trattoria, the new restaurant Roberto Donna has opened while Galileo is being renovated. I was there earlier this week, and the food is great (and the prices are great too)!

NY
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

Thank you all for your help! We wound up at Cafe Asia, so close to our hotel, and really enjoyed it! So nice when my hubby can eat hot food while I enjoy sushi! Can't believe the large bowls and small tabs though, we are so used to NY's high prices! Fortunately our son did well in the marathon, the sun was shining, and we thoroughly enjoyed our DC weekend!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

I'm glad to hear that you all had a great time!

7. Re: Help! Dinner Tomorrow in Arlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 20, 2009