We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport noise in Crystal City?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport noise in Crystal City?

Has anybody stayed at any of the hotels in Crystal City and had airport/ airplane noise?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Crystal City and there was no airport noise there at all.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

I live(d) near there and you can hear it, but I think the last of the daily flights comes in around 10:30. I used a fan in the room to completely drown it our for two years and never was bothered. Just use the "Fan Only" option on the AC unit if it has one if you have any problems. I am a very light sleeper, so you might not have any problems at all.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

The Reagan Airport is very sensitive to noise issues because of the close proximity to residental areas. I don't think it will be an issue at all. Also, like another poster said, the airport doesn't run 24/7 to reduce noise late at night. Crystal City is a FANTASTIC place to stay when visiting D.C. You'll really like it. Best of all, it is safe, has plenty restaurants, and is right next to D.C.! My husband used to live there and loved it so much.

Apex, NC
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

I've stayed in Crystal City as well (yes , a fantastic area, though perhaps pricier) and there is no real issue (in hotels) from the airport....perhaps the building code is more stringent. Even if it was noisier, I would stay in Crystal City just for its other advantages and proximity.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
559 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

i have worked in Crystal City almost directly across from DCA and the airport noise is minimal at best (most of the times nonexistent)

Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport noise in Crystal City?

I recently stayed at the Marriott Crystal City over the weekend and frankly, I don't remember even hearing any airplane noise. The location at Crystal City is great, right at the Metro Stop and very easy to get into DC and the various sights without having to change trains.