We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting tickets for Monument, museums etc

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Getting tickets for Monument, museums etc

I am visiting from 4th - 9th November and am wondering if we will still have to go very early to the monument and some other museums eg. holocaust to get the timed tickets for that day, or whats the possibility of just turning up at the museum in the afternoon and getting in?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting tickets for Monument, museums etc

I was just in DC last week, and I had pre-arranged tickets for the Wash Monument ($1.50 each + .50 for shipping). We showed up Friday at 9:45am for our 10am timeslot, and we walked in with the 9:45 group. Later that day we saw long lines, but there were no lines in the morning.

We also had a self-guided tour reservation (free) for National Archives at 12:30pm on Friday. We arrived around 11:45, and walked right in. There wasn't much of a line, maybe 20 people ahead of us going through security. Later that day, the line was out the door. We never waited in line at any of the museums on Friday.

On Saturday afternoon I noticed the "no more tickets" sign was posted at the Wash Monument kiosk.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting tickets for Monument, museums etc

To get advance tickets for the Washington Monument:

http://reservations.nps.gov

Advance tickets for the Holocaust Museum:

www.ushmm.org

For the Spy Museum:

www.spymuseum.org/plan/plan_ticketing.asp

3. Re: Getting tickets for Monument, museums etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 14, 2009