We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning Flight

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Early morning Flight

I have a flight leaving DCA 8:15 am on Wed. I'm staying at the Gaylord in National Harbor. What time should I leave for the airport? Not sure what traffic is like. Does anyone know approximately how much a cab will cost?

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,938 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning Flight

If the flight leaves at 8:15, you need to be there at 7:00. To be sure, leave at 6:15, because you don't want to miss the flight. The trip could take 20 minutes, or 40 minutes, there is no way to know for sure.

It is half highway, half, a fast one-way street (with a carpool lane), so it's not too bad.

It's about a 8.5 mile trip, so it might cost about $27, and with tip, $33. If you are really stuck in traffic (not all that likely on a Wednesday morning that early), it might cost up to $10 more, but it's probably not going to be bad traffic, except if if it is :^)

Edited: 6:12 pm, August 11, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,268 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning Flight

I always give myself 2 hours for domestic flights cause you just never know.

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning Flight

Thanks, I was there in plenty of time.

4. Re: Early morning Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2015